I Don't Know Why I Can't Kill You (Part 2)

Wanda awoke with a throbbing headache.

She groaned and brought her hand to her head.

She slowly opened her eyes, servaying her surroundings.

She was laying on the cold cement floor of a mediumish room, the only exit, a door all the way on the other side.

She stood, and started walking towards to door, only before being pulled back after the third step.

She cried out as the shackles around her ankles caused her to fall to the floor.

" That wasn't a dream, was it?" She wispered to herself.

She didn't know what was going on, black widows only took prisoners if they needed information, but she didn't know anything.

She was just a theif from Sokovia, what could they possibly want from her?

Unless they wanted information on her twin.

Her eyes widened.

What if they already had him?

What if they were torturing him?

What if he was dead?

She squeezed her eyes shut.

No. She didnt know that. For all she knew he was out at the pawnshop, persuading the owner that the ring he had wasn't stolen.

She smiled at the fond memories of him persuading pawnshop owners that the item was more expensive, or not stolen, or definatly not a painted keyring.

She remembered running from the shop as they called the police.

She hoped he was okay.

She knew he could outrun any problem he was faced with, as long as he wasn't in shackles.

Suddenly the door on the far side of the room opened.

A figure stepped through, she recognized the asassin from earlier.

She was still clad in her leather suit, which set off feelings in Wanda she didn't quite understand yet.

Their eyes met, and they stared at eachother for an eternity.

Natasha then cleared her throat and set down a tray the Sokovian had not realized she was carrying and sat down on the oppisite end of the room.

Natasha didn't know what she was doing.

She didn't know why she defied direct orders for a girl she didn't even know the name of.

She put her head in her hands, hiding from the godlike eyes servaying her from the other side of the room.

After a few minutes of silence a voice broke out.

" I'm hungry." The thick Sokovian accent was laced with firmity, not harsh, but not gentle either, an equalibrium the Russian was not used to.

Natasha got up, retrieving the tray, and slowly approaching the shackled girl.

Footsteps echoed through the room as Wanda's eyes never left her capter.

Wanda watched as the asassin approached her, unsure of what to feel.

The Russian placed the tray down and gently pushed it into arms reach.

Wanda reached for a peice of bread on the tray and tore a hunk off with her teeth.

The bread wasnt stale, but it wasnt fresh either.

Natasha watched silently as the girl tore into the bread, filled with a feeling she pegged as facination.

Feeling the eyes on her, Wanda looked up to meet the asassin's gaze.

Those intence green eyes studying her, as if building an algorithym on her every move.

Wanda cleared her throat and the asassin imideiatly averted her gaze.

She put the bread down as she considered her next move.

" Are you going to kill me?" She asked, feeling stupid the moment the words left her mouth, this was a black widow for Pete's sake.

The Russian didn't awnser, her feirce eyes studying the floor.

Natasha didn't know what to say.

She knew it was her job, but the moment she looked into those eyes, the knife turned to lead.

Natasha got up, walking towards the door, taking one last look back at the girl staring at her, before exiting.

What was she doing?

She closed the door behind her and trudged up the stairs.

It was amazing what good behavior and loyalty could get you, as well as bending to the right people.

Natasha admired the thick trees surrounding her cabin through one of the windows.

A cabin in the middle of nowhere.

She sat at the table near one of the windows, sipping tea that had cooled in the hour since its making.

She wondered what she should do.

She couldn't bring herself to kill the girl.

She couldn't let her go, cause then they would find out she defied orders.

She hated having her chained up in her basement, though it had never been a problem before.

She had a guest room, maybe if she boarded up the windows and installed a lock on the door it could be secure enough to contain her prisoner.

She smirked to herself, maybe there was a way after all.

" On the edgeeee of seven- teen." Wanda sung, letting her voice echo off the walls, if there was one thing she was thankful for, it was the acoustics.

" Just like the white winged dove, sing a song sounds like shes singing! Ooh baby ooh, said ooh."

Natasha stopped outside the door of the room where her captive lay, a song so familier, a song she loved.

" Just like the white winged dove, sing a song, sounds like shes singing...."

She mumbled the words, lost in the tune of her memories.

She didn't realize she was smiling.

She leaned against the door, listening to the heavenly voice within, whose passion brought the words to life.

She waited till the song was over to open the door.

The shackled girl stared at her.

She sighed deeply before speaking.

" I don't know."

" What?" The girl asked, slightly confused.

" I don't know if i'm going to kill you."

" Well thats reassuring."

Wanda didn't know what kind of voice she was expecting, but the voice she heard was deffinatly not it.

It was so calm and kind, and smooth. It alone made her blush a bit, witch she still didnt understand.

" Are you cold?"

The voice melted her heart, it was so caring, she didn't understand how it could belong to someone of such a feared staure.

" A little." She mumbled out.

" I don't know how long you're going to be here, but theres a spare room... if you want it." The asassin avoided her gaze.

" Of course there are locks and stuff, I can't let you leave, but you don't need to stay here." She quickly followed up with.

" That sounds nice." Wanda replied, smiling slightly.

Maybe things would be alright after all, at least for the time being