36

: *・゚:*:・゚* 36: Belive Him Or Trust Her

: *✧・゚:*:・゚✧* 36: Belive Him Or Trust Her

—: *・゚:*:・゚*:—

~As the days went by, the countdown for graduation had started.

And as Y/N has found a new friend in Jaeon, people were starting to suspect their relationship, leaving Oikawa annoyed and irritated.

It was bad enough his friends thought his relationship wasn't going to last. Now, the whole school is beginning to think they're going to call it quits soon.

While the volleyball captain was on his way to his pretty girlfriends house, Jaeon found him and called out, "Oikawa! Wait up!"

Oikawa stopped walking and Jaeon lightly jogged to him. Once reaching him, he smiled, "Glad I caught you, I've been meaning to talk to you!"

"Okay? About what?"

Jaeon softly scratched the back of his head, "Well, you know, there have been rumors circulating around Y/N and I and how I want to steal her from you so I thought Id confront you about it and tell you straight out that I am."

The setter sighed, "I guess that's good to- Wait, what?" He stopped walking and stared at the slightly shorter boy, "Youre trying to take Y/N from me?"

Jaeon dropped his nice act that only appeared around Oikawa and became a bit cocky, "Well duh. I'm smarter than anyone at this school when it comes to history. Why the hell would I suddenly become shit at it? I knew she was second best at the subject to i intentionally began to fail so that we'd get to spend some time together."

"I knew it!" Oikawa declared, "I hate to break it to you but Y/N would never leave me for you. Especially after she finds out everything you just told me. This'll only make her hate you. She absolutely hates when people waste her time."

"She won't believe you. Not without proof either. She'll just think you're acting on your jealousy." Jaeon pointed out, "And I wouldn't bet on yourself. After all, she has told me she thinks Im attractive. And we get along really well. What more does she need to know that we'd make a good couple?"

Oikawas eyebrow rose, "I highly doubt she told you she finds you attractive. Y/N doesn't give out compliments easily."

"Maybe not to you." Jaeon responded with a smile, "Anyways, that's all I wanted to say. Good luck convincing her this conversation happened." He said and jogged off.

—: *✧・゚:*:・゚✧*:—

After his talk with Jaeon, Oikawa couldn't focus on his homework.

He was just staring at Y/N while she did hers.

He was staring so hard that his eye began to twitch a bit at how irritated he felt.

And Jaeon was right, Y/N probably wouldn't believe a word he said if Oikawa tried telling her what happened.

"What's wrong?" She spoke up, still doing her work.

"Nothing."

"Liar." She replied and looked at him.

Oikawa sighed, "I have a question and I want you to be completely honest with me."

Y/N laughed, "When have I never been honest?"

"This should be easy then. Do you think Jaeons attractive?"

The girl hummed in thought, "I mean, he's not ugly but he's not my type. So he's in the middle I guess. Why? Is this because of all the rumors going around?"

"Maybe? I think I'm just feeling a little insecure about all this. You do realize some people are actually praying we break up so that you and Jaeon can be together right?"

She stared at him for a second before putting her notebook down and taking his hands in hers, "You really have to stop worrying about what other people say. If I was planning on dating Jaeon, I would've immediately broken up with you. I'm not here to play any games."

The slight pout he has told her he wasn't really satisfied with her answer. Y/N leaned in, giving him a quick kiss, "Hey, my moms your future in-law remember? And I have two sister-in-laws I'm dying to meet some day. I want our future as much as you do."

His eyes sparkled at her words and he hugged her.

This made him feel bad he doubted their relationship, even for just a second.

Jaeon had nothing on him.

He never even came close to being Oikawas competitor when it comes to this girl.

She holds this pretty setter above everyone else.

"Y/N, how long are you gonna keep tutoring him?"

"This is my last week actually! His grade really improved now so i'm off the hook after the week passes."

He picked at her blanket, "Are you gonna continue to hang out with him? You know, cause you're friends?"

She shrugged, "I don't know. Maybe. Maybe not."

Not exactly the answer he was hoping for but it's was better than her saying "absolutely. yes."

If she did decide to continue to see this boy that she considers a "friend", Oikawa would just have to trust her and trust that this friendship stays exactly that.

—: *・゚:*:・゚*:—