Chapter 1: The death of Unicron, and the destruction of Cybertron.

*Author note: I may regularly change some things in each chapter to help make the story flow better, or fix changes I realized too late when I published it. So don't be confused when some parts of the story are either changed, deleted, or reworked.*

The scene was set on the desolate planet of Cybertron, a world ravaged by the Civil War between the Autobots and Decepticons. Once a thriving planet teeming with life and freedom, it now lay in ruins, its beauty marred by the devastation that had befallen it. Energon rivers had dried up, shattered buildings dotted the landscape, and lifeless mechanical creatures lay strewn about, serving as grim reminders of a once-proud civilization.

Optimus Prime, the last of the Primes, ventured deep into Cybertron's core and received a solemn mission from Primus, the planet's very core itself. He was tasked with protecting other worlds from the destructive ambitions of the Decepticons. Thus, Optimus and his team of Autobots set their sights on Earth, where Megatron planned to wage a new war and claim the planet as his own.

On Earth, the Autobots made allies and friends among the native creatures, defending them from the looming threat of the Decepticons. The war had taken its toll, dwindling the Autobot ranks, but there were new allies to be found on Earth.

Soundwave, once the chief of the Decepticon army, had defected to the Autobot side after being abandoned by Megatron in the Grand Canyon. Axon, a Decepticon weapons expert, chose to go rogue, disillusioned by the never-ending conflict, and joined the Autobots in their quest for peace. Knockout, who had lost his partner Breakdown to MECH, had grown bitter and joined the Autobots, determined to thwart Megatron and make him pay for his indifference.

The Autobots and Decepticons clashed on Earth, with Bumblebee emerging victorious against Megatron, leaving the tyrant's body rusting at the bottom of the Pacific Ocean. This victory also bestowed upon Bumblebee the restoration of his voice, a gift from the Cybermatter he had fallen into on the Nemesis. The Autobots rejoiced, but their respite was short-lived.

Unicron, the formidable Destroyer of Worlds, infused his spark and consciousness into Megatron's lifeless husk, granting himself a physical form. The Autobots were forced into a retreat, returning to their home planet, Cybertron, where a new battle awaited them.

Within the confines of an old and abandoned laboratory, the Autobots were making their final preparations for the impending standoff against Unicron

Within the confines of an old and abandoned laboratory, the Autobots were making their final preparations for the impending standoff against Unicron. The echoing sounds of metal welding together and the murmured voices of the Autobots filled the air, creating an atmosphere of tension and anticipation.

Optimus Prime, his expression resolute and unwavering, was huddled in a quiet corner of the lab, deep in thought. He knew that to protect the wisdom, power, and strength of the Primes, he needed to find someone worthy to inherit this responsibility. The weight of this decision bore heavily on his shoulders as he considered the destiny that lay ahead for both him and his fellow Autobots.