03. jungkook

iii. jungkook

Waking up from the ever-present nightmare never failed to get me in a bad mood. The images of rain and blood kept me up the entire night. Not even the thought of Hobi, the man who made sure I was safe and walked me home, was able to lull me back asleep.

Swiping the sweat of my body, I threw the heavy blanket off me and check my phone for the time.

Four am.

Typical.

Rolling my eyes, my eyes glanced around the dark room, trying to find something to keep me distracted. Finding my sketchbook nearby, I grabbed it-and my bag of markers and pencils and settled myself on my bed again. Shutting my mind off, I allowed myself to bottled up my emotions and just draw.

Fifteen minutes passed and my drawing was finished. Looking down at it fondly, the rose on the paper, I was reminded of Mom. It was her favorite flower. Thinking back, I remembered how much she wanted it tattooed somewhere near her heart. One of her favorite memories was when Father brought her roses every day for a week.

That gave me an idea.

Since Mom wasn't here to get it tattooed, I would for her.

Biting down on my lip, I pressed the pencil to paper once more and finished it up.

I tore the paper from the notebook and folded it up.

Maybe a tattoo between my tits would look cool.

Today, I was voluntarily going outside of the house. Grabbing my cell, I googled tattoo shops near here.

Making an appointment for eight AM, I felt a tinge of excitement before shoving it down.

It made me feel even worse for looking forward to today.

Stumbling out of bed, I busied myself for the next hour by showering, and dressing in my jeans and a loose tank. From hearing Dad North talk about his tattoos, it would be wise to wear loose clothing.

And maybe, who knows? I may get more than one tattoo once I'm there.

Brushing my hair and applying sunscreen I packed a small bag with my wallet (inside was all the money I had saved working at the diner during the summers), the sketch, and my phone.