14. tats before tits

(  TWO DAYS LATER  )

***

"Is this a good idea, G?" Kylie asked worriedly from her spot at the threshold of the kitchen in the Toma apartment.

My lips pursed and I shrugged uncaringly, as if getting the entire length of my left arm tattooed by Raven was an everyday occurrence.

Or maybe it was the fact that Raven wasn't wearing any gloves...or using a stencil while the needle punctured in and out of my skin.

"Well?" Kylie rose a brow, lips lifted in a snarl as she beheld us.

"Probably not," I sucked my teeth with a smack. "But hey, it's free. Right, Rav?" I wouldn't dare to think of going back to the tattoo place Jungkook worked at. I'd rather slit my throat and die.

Especially after what I had seen in the tattoo parlor yesterday when I had gone to see if I could get an appointment.

I had to make due somehow.

I tried to go a safer route, but it seemed like it was against me at that particular moment.

Raven smirked, a lit cig perched in the corner of his lips. He paused, momentarily, and lifted the buzzing tattoo gun away from my bicep and fist bumped me.

"Fuck yeah," he smirked, "I need someone to practice on. She was more than willing. I'm freehanding this shit."

The two of us snickered to one another when Kayli looked heavenward and mumbled a prayer under her breath.

"MOM!" Kylie screamed, turning and stomping out of the kitchen. "GREY'S SPIRALING AGAIN AND USING SARCASM, DRY HUMOR, AND UNSAFE AND UNHEALTHY COPING METHODS AND DAD'S HELPING HER."

Her voice rang shrilly, ringing inside the entire apartment as she stomped out of sight.

"At least it's not drugs," I grouched, leaning back and the tattoo gun buzzed to life again and let the tender skin of my bicep. "Now remember, Rav. Intricate roses, thorns, and vines." I reminded him, closing my eyes.

The slight sting of the needle pushing into my skin distracted me of my woes.

A sigh left my lips.

What a wonderful birthday, eh? One for the books, I'd say. And to think, I didn't even get to open my birthday presents, humph.

Grandma more than likely put them away in her house after I left.

A scoff left my lips.

I hadn't been back at SunnyVale Court for two days, and during that time, I blocked my dad's numbers from my phone.

And I didn't plan to go there anytime soon. I was done. Done with them, and I needed to distance myself - at least for a while. The only thing I regret is not coming to see my grandparents, and the men who lived across the street ( excluding Jungkook, of course ).