006

"He's a little late, isn't he?" Jennie asked as she stared down at her watch and leant against her chair as one of the other directors nodded.

"Yeah, the cargo from the plane got delayed so he had to wait there for it. He should be here by now though..." the other director, Rafe responded as he opened his own device and was getting ready to make a call for a status update.

That, however, proved to be unnecessary as soon as the door was shoved ajar by a triad of officers walking in, as the focus of the pair shifted onto the three new figures in the room.

"Sorry for the late arrival." One of them muttered before they took a seat upon being instructed to do so by the Rafe.

The group moved into discussion, however Jennie's attention strayed far away from that, as her eyes transfixed on a particular figure.

His eyes, more than anything, encapsulated her as she couldn't bring herself to look away from the orbs of brown that seemed to hold much more depth than plain old eyes were supposed to.

He, on the other hand, seemed to remain unaffected or simply oblivious to her stare residing on him. Granted, for an excuse for him, she was wearing a deeply tinted pair of sunglasses.

She observed him some more. He was tall, for the Korean standard at least, certainly a lot taller than her. His eyes were somehow perfectly imperfect, a unique blend of mono and duo lidded eyes. Although he was wearing black, she couldn't help but notice his well defined physique accompanied by the veiny forearms and long fingers revealed due to the sleeves of his shirt being rolled up.

Her blatant ogling had come to an end when introductions rolled around and the attention went to her, as she cleared her throat and sat a little straighter, slipping into the authority she commanded as she toon on her role.

"Welcome to DEA. I'm Jennie, or Ruby by code. I'm one of the directors here and currently the only agent part of field and intelligence. If you have any concerns regarding our procedures for operations or difficulties adapting to our systems, you can come to my office or just approach me in the hallways when you see fit." She let out smoothly.

One thing  Jennie always had was charisma. She may have been saying a statement that had no orders or authoritative commands within it, yet it was enough for her to establish a certain level of power amongst the room, one she wielded unapologetically.

After ending, she motioned towards the row of the three new members, nudging  them to introduce themselves as well.

"Oh. Uhm. Hi, I'm Jeon Somi, Chrysalis by code, an intelligence agent from the old second base." She started as Jennie nodded, marking off certain details on her own tab.

"I'm Kang Seulgi, Angeles by code. Intelligence agent." The next one started, keeping it short and crisp, which Jennie appreciated very much as the next person to talk would be him.

Knowing she would have given herself if she looked at him, she kept her gaze locked on her writing, waiting for him to start speaking.

But the moment he did, she felt like she lost her bearings at the mere sound of his dreamlike soulful voice. The depth and the resonance of it struck her instantly, and she wondered how it was possible for someone's voice to carry the same level of attractiveness as their outer appearance.

There had to be a fault in this guy. There is no possible way he was just perfect in every aspect.

"I'm Kim Taehyung, Sin by code. Field agent with assassination speciality, and I work in negotiations from time to time." He stated as she wished he would only go on and on, almost falling in a trance at his words.