021

"We found them. The people trying to assassinate you. You can take this up with the authorities through our line and then you're basically free from anymore attempted murders." Namjoon said, passing a file containing all the information over the table to Jungkook, who proceeded to open it cautiously.

"How are you sure it's the last of them?" He asked as Namjoon shrugged.

"Well the minute they find their client from the database of this group of assassins, then they can't hire anyone else. And apart from that, the minute their arrest is publicised, I doubt whoever wants to kill you will be as brazen about it." Taehyung commented, leaning against the table as Lisa nodded.

"Yeah. This should be the end of it. By experience at least." She added, leaning over to look at the file as well.

"So what does this mean now? I just contact the authorities and that's it?" He clarified as Namjoon nodded.

"Yep. Basically. This also means our contract is over. So...." He trailed off, not wanting to get involved with the specs of Lisa and Jungkook after this.

"Oh. Right. The contract." Lisa mumbled, remembering the time bound contract that prompted her to be with Jungkook in the first place.

Unexpectedly, her voice dropped an octave while speaking, exposing her true feelings to both Namjoon and Taehyung, seasoned agents who were trained to study human behaviour.

Jungkook on the other hand remained silent as he processed all the information. Firstly, he wouldn't be the continuous victim of continuous attempted murders. Yet secondly, what Taehyung and he were talking about came all too soon, as now he had to find out where Lisa and him were going to go.

"So li-" a voice suddenly cut in as the door was opened, revealing Jimin and another agent.

"Oh. Uhm. Is this the 2 o'clock meeting?" The other agent asked with an inquisitive glance at the unknown member in the group.

"Yeah. We're almost done. Didn't realise we went overtime. Come in." Namjoon ushered as he glanced at the clock.

"Right. I'll see you at home." Taehyung grumbled as he immediately left the room, exchanging a look with Jimin as the rest of them only gave one another a look at the abrupt tension.

"Right. Well." Lisa coughed, attempting to alleviate the mood as they all collectively decided to call an end to their meeting.

"I hope we meet again, just not under these circumstances." Namjoon told Jungkook while offering a handshake as the latter returned it with a smile.

"Yes, of course." He responded, as they proceeded to leave the room after a brisk introduction and small talk with Jimin.

——————————
"Hey." Rosé muttered as she slid into her desk, not looking up to greet her seat mate for the month.

"You okay?" Jimin asked as she looked up to see him this time, a confused expression to his worried one.

"Yeah. I'm okay. Why? Do I look sick?" She asked, patting down her cheeks as she spun her chair in an attempt to find a mirror.

That was shortly cut by a squeal as her chair was pulled towards him before she spun to face him.

"What are yo-" she began to question, truly shocked by the random act but was stunned into silence as his hand came to her forehead.

"W-what are you doing?" Rosé asked with an unwanted stutter that she mentally cursed at herself for.

"Checking if you really aren't sick." He answered, finally lowering his hand and letting go of the chair as he leant back and placed some much needed distance between the two of them.