024

It was nothing but silence at first as the whole room was too shocked to respond.

None of them had even known that Jennie was the daughter of the heads. She was a respected agent who won over several of her comrades loyalty through her skills. Yet here she was, plain as day, standing on top of the stage and revealed to be a part of the familial line that lead DEA.

None of them had anticipated that the future head was a co-agent they were able to be so jovial with.

Jennie stood straight at the top of the stage, receiving a pat on her shoulder from her father and an encouraging smile from her mother as she stared at the crowd.

Taking a deep breath, she wondered if they would truly be able to accept her, accept what she had to offer after training since her childhood for this.

She didn't go to the same schools or extracurriculars as the others did in the room. No, Jennie had been learning to be a killer and an intelligence agent ever since her childhood. That's how she was able to have the skills to be on both sides of the organization after all.

After a moment of heavy tension, the claps began from one corner of the room before spreading throughout the hall, as everyone stood up out of respect. Although the action was customary and had been done every time a new head was announced, it still carried a unique acceptance from the agents towards her, as she stood straighter.

"Nice to meet you all. As you all know, I'm Jennie Ruby Jane, or rather Ruby, by code. Until now, I trained and worked amongst you all  as a fellow agent, which is how I'm able to say from first hand experience that every single one of you here is impeccably skilled and talented. I hope, or rather will make sure that each of those talents is put to the best use and shines as bright as it can during my time as head of DEA. Thank you." She addressed, erasing any ounce of nervousness from her appearance as another applause sounded through the room.

Her eyes drifted to the audience as she spotted the elite row, where her closest friends were placed.

She didn't know how to face them, after keeping such a large secret to herself. But it did help that almost all of them were giving her encouraging or proud smiles, almost understanding her circumstance in a way.

But then her eyes focused to where Taehyung and Jimin were sitting, glancing between them. It seemed that they finally knew what she meant when she said she was too busy to focus on that aspect of her life.

And now, this romance aspect had grown way more complicated.

Shifting her eyes away, she glanced back at the large crowd of agents who were clamouring in their seats.

Jennie sighed, welcoming the next phase of her life.

————————

"No fucking way." Lisa murmured as she sat back down once the address was formally over. The directors, former heads, and Jennie had just left as the lights brightened once more and everyone began to leave.

"So like, our best friend who was living with us is now the head of the entire damn agency. Cool...cool cool cool cool." Rosé muttered as she herself was freaking out.

"So like, what does this mean now? Are we still friends? Do we have to like bow in respect now?" Jin began rambling as he genuinely was too confused by the whole ordeal.

"Do we still live with her? Can I address her informally anymore at all?" Jisoo continued as she felt like she was going to go crazy.

Her best friend. The girl she always nagged at and cursed at one too many times was now the newest head. Totally understandable.