014

"How good are you at pacing yourself?" Taehyung asked as he looked towards Jennie, who was sitting at a barstool with the purple lights of the bar illuminating her features.

"It usually depends on company. I don't drink much alone." She answered, turning the clear glass in her fingers with a shrug as he nodded.

"Well, you good with both of us drinking then?" He asked as she scoffed and downed the shot of vodka in her hand, lightly slamming the mini glass back on the counter after without so much of a wince or a cough.

"It's one night, we're free in another country. It's Paris, live a little. I'm sure we can be in control around one another." Jennie surmised as he nodded, seemingly convinced and somewhat excited before throwing back his own shot as well, feeling the burning liquid run down his throat.

And that was how hours later the pair had ended up at a street intersection of a park, unable to decide with turn to take with their minds being completely fogged up from the liquor and partying.

"That cannot be right." Jennie squinted as she kept trying to read the name of the street board.

"I swear! It says it right there...." Taehyung stumbled, almost crashing into the girl if it were not for her and letting him fall into the grass of the park in front of the housing complex they were trying to look for.

"No, it doesn't. We're supposed to be at the safe house, not.....Cannes street." She muttered, attempting to take another step forward but stopping with her hand raised.

"This is so not it." She muttered before dropping on the grass right next to Taehyung and laying down, not a care in the world at that point.

"My head is killing me." She groaned as she rolled to face Taehyung, staring straight at him.

"Holy shit." He breathed as she furrowed her eyebrows.

"Shh. Don't swear in the name of god." She muttered, pulling a finger to his lips as he only laughed.

"Aren't you atheist?" He pointed out as she retracted her hand and sighed deeply, relaxing as if the grass were her bedroom.

"So?" She retaliated as he shook his head.

"Anywayyyyyys, what shocked you so much?" She asked, curiously looking at Taehyung while he only shrugged.

"Holy shit, you're beautiful." He said as she grinned, attempting to flip her but failing due to the fact that she apparently couldn't reach for her strands, and instead settled for a fake hair flip.

"I know. I should have been a model, right? But I'm too short for that.... I should have been a celebrity!" Jennie exclaimed as he shook his head aggressively.

"You can't do that." He said as she furrowed her eyebrows.

"Yah! Are you calling me talentless?!" Jennie exclaimed with an offended and hurt heart, pouting at his reaction.

"No, I just want to be the only one who can see your beauty." He muttered drunkenly as she tsked at him.

"Well, I hate to break it to you, but that's not possible. Faaaar too many people like me for that." She explained, trying to be serious but failing as her eyes deviated from him to the plane above them.

"I know, but I know one way to make it better." Taehyung said as he sat up, dragging her hand to have her sit up as she slumped in response, a groan escaping her lips at the loss of the now comfortable ground she was laying on.

"What is it? What is your ever amazing solution that made you make me part from my bed?" She asked with a now exaggerated groan, emphasizing how much she detests doing anything that requires even a little bit of energy.