Kanda x Allen

Allen loved balls. He loved soccer balls and footballs and tennis balls. If there were balls involved, Allen was there. So, when his younger brother Lavi asked him to chaperone their middle school soccer tournament trip, he was in. A chance to leave their small Nebraska town for a week was great. But, their team and another team were going together, so Allen would have to drive a van with nine kids and one other adult in it. There were four other vans as well. But Allen loved kids, and he was excited to meet some new men in the big city.

Kanda hated children. He hated their laughs, their smiles, their general existence. But, he loved soccer, and he loved his cousin Reever. So, he agreed to chaperone the trip to Chicago. It would be nice to get away from Lincoln for a little while, but there was a downside. Him and some rural Nebraska boy had to drive nine kids for two days straight. The sheet he was given said his companions name was Allen Walker. Sounds like a pushover.
* * *
Allen, being his normal self, got to the meeting place an hour early. They were meeting at a small park right outside of Lincoln. It was five a.m., so Allen jumped onto the roof of the van and settled in to watch the sunrise. It was a bit cold, so he pulled a blanket from his trunk before heading up.
Allen was startled when he heard a low, masculine voice. "Hey, short stack, you a player?"
Allen scowled and looked down at the man, "I'm a chaperone. Names Allen Walker." He just realized how beautiful the man was. He had long blue hair and was clearly of Japanese decent.
"Oh, so you're the boy I'm sharing the van with."
Allen looked back up at the sky. "Yeah, Bakanda."
Kanda's eye twitched in irritation. "Oh, so you know something about Japanese culture, I see."
"Well, I am an avid anime watcher."
Kanda snorted. "Another American who thinks they understand Japan. Great."
"And, I'm majoring in a study which is connected with Japanese culture. So, Bakanda, wanna come up here and watch the sunrise with me?" Allen smirked, "I promise I won't kill you with my gayness."
Kanda huffed, and pulled himself onto the car. "Yeah, you're pretty cute."
Allen blushed, expecting homophobic remark. "Y-you think I'm cute?"
"Yeah," Kanda smirked. "Speechless?"
"No, just happy. Can I tell you a secret? You're not to bad yourself." Allen winked as Kanda blushed.
"Oh," Kanda smied. "We got fifty minutes until the kids get here. Wanna go grab some coffee?"
Allen smiled back at him, "Sure. Let's go."