Chapter 6 Together Again at Last (Goldie)

It was all his fault. Everything happening now was a result of his failure. How could he be so blinded? How could he have succumbed to his desire for guidance so easily?

If you hadn't been put in danger, would he still be this hard on himself or would he have learned his lesson the first time? It didn't matter, those what if's they would only matter in their respective timelines. In this one, he hurt you. He put you in danger.

He was the cause for your distress. The cause for shade to know you're awake now. The cause of the puppet having to use more energy than he should in order to protect you. No. Not just you. Him as well. How pathetic of him.

He spent the past 30 years hating the man behind the slaughter. Because he knew it was William Afton the whole time. 30 years he rotted away tearing at his skin and hating himself for what the puppet had made him. A dream demon. Just like the one who sent Afton. Just like the one who sent shade. Just like him.

But then you came back. 6 years have gone by since the day he lost you. Still wrapped up in that hatred. 24 years of blind rage and bitterness, and then you came back.

You came back.

You wanted to be with him again. Just like before. Spend time with him. Make him realize that he's not the monster he painted himself to be that he was better than that. Better than them. That there was a reason the puppet chose him.

How could he have gotten so far, yet fall prey to his desires so easily? (He had thought to himself in such bitterness.)

He grew in power over these 6 years, and he stayed close by. Making sure he watched over you and the others. Diligent. Cautious. The only one who could free roam whenever he pleases. Protector of those who are incapable of protecting themselves.

And yet, he hurt you. He was supposed to protect you. But when you died 6 years ago in that old spring locked suit, he was alone. He watched the others being shut off. Their physical bodies scrapped and moved to the original location. The first location. The location where it all started.

"I want Goldie to come with me." Your gently voice pierced his internal struggles. Goldie looked up slowly, from where he had stared at the floor, to meet your gaze.

You wanted him to go with you? But...

"Really him?" Bonnie huffed, crossing his arms at you.
"Come on."

"Aye if the lassie wants to be with him it's not our place to pressure her." Foxy whacked Bonnie in the back of the head at his statement. Causing the idiot, in Goldie's eyes, to flinch and rub the back of his head with a pout.

Freddy looked at Goldie, the two brothers stared at one another not sharing a quite conversation in their minds, merely sharing a look. Goldie knew what it meant. So he bowed his head slightly in a nod before he looked to you.

"Shall we?" Goldie offered you his hand hesitantly. Would you even want to touch him again? After how he hurt you?

How could you still desire his companionship. How could you look at him still with trust in your eyes. You took his hand smiling a bit at him.

"Yes." You took his hand, giving it a light squeeze. All goldie could do was stair, lost in his own thoughts as you stepped closer. Your hand still held warmth, vibrant life even beyond death, and your eyes still soft. As if you were staring at your lover after they returned home from work from a long day.

"Are you going to leave?" Freddy's voice broke Goldie's stare. The brothers stared at one another now, another silent conversation held only between gazes and not within the mind. At last goldie sighed. Despite his self deprecation, gently guided you forward.