Chapter 2 The Harsh Truth

Author's Note: as mentioned in the first book when it came to the crew, here is some art by Pole Bear for Springtrap. Again for reference but it's completely up to interpretation, happy reading.
~Nightmare

"The ritual. It worked." Goldie's words replayed like a broken record inside your mind. Looping over and over with no end. It worked. What you and the others fought so hard to stop, ended up succeeding anyway. But this can't be the truth. There's no way this is the truth.

"What?" Your voice was quite, barely above a whisper as you met his white pupils. Disbelief in your voice.
"B-but that can't be true. H-how could he have succeeded?"

The room was quite. No one seemed to know what to say, much less how to explain the situation to you. Their eyes all avoided you unwilling to meet your gaze. That was until finally Freddy cleared his throat earning your attention.

He pulled a chair from out of one of the tables near by, scooting it towards you with one hand on the back. The other gesturing for you to take a seat.

"Perhaps you should sit down." He grinned hesitantly.
"This will be a long story."

You looked over the room one last time, the guilty side eye treatment continuing as you took the time to gaze upon everyone. Maybe they really won't talk till you did. With a sigh you took a seat, crossing your arms in an attempt to hold yourself.

"What is going on guys? We're in this together I-I mean I'm-im dead now because of it. Why won't anyone give me a clear answer?" You shifted in the chair, a frown etched deep on your face. Before you understood why no one wanted to tell you the truth behind all of this. You were alive and had a choice to leave, they didn't.

You know that you've just woken up, this world as a spirit was going to be confusing and you're aware of that. You're still a bit shaken up by the thought, yet somehow felt more calm than you should be. Maybe it had something to do with that voice and the little boy in your dream. But the point was, they can't leave you out of this anymore. You had to know what's going on, because you can help now.

"We care a lot about you (Y/N)." Freddy broke the silence, gently placing a hand upon your shoulder.

"You're the one who brought us all together when we were little, and because of you we've stayed together as family." Chica took your hands in her own holding them close to her heart as she leaned over.
"You're the heart of the group."

"Aye, you've made us realize we be more human than we thought. That our past doesn't define us despite our mistakes." Foxy was behind you as he spoke, standing along side Freddy.

"Yeah, not to mention bringing us more together than before." Bonnie pulled a chair up to sit beside you, draping his arm over the back of it.
"I mean to be fair we had no idea what happened to you the day you just disappeared on us, but we never forgot about you."

"We just-" goldie stood before you. He seemed sad as he met your gaze a smile gently creeping against his lips.
"We just want to make sure that you'll be safe. No matter what."

You couldn't believe it in a way. You knew deep down who really cared the most. But to also know everyone else felt so strongly for you, and wanted to keep you safe, made your heart soar with love. This was your family and always had been even when you all were younger. If only fate hadn't been so cruel. None of you would be in this position now.

"I love you guys too." You laughed a little finding it the only thing you could do as you pried your hands away from Chica to brush away a few tears.
"But keeping me from the truth is what got me in this mess to begin with."