Chapter 11 The Show Must Go On (Freddy)

Seeing you leave like that was heart breaking. But how could he explain everything to you? This was a difficult situation. It's not as though he wanted to leave you in the dark but, it had to be done.

"Guys?" You had gasped looking between all five of them. No one said anything still. Freddy most certainly couldn't. He was too ashamed to look at you. Despite what he knew this still hurt him as much as it must of been hurting you. He could practically hear your heart breaking with the way you stood there. You seemed frustrated and sad, as you spoke up again.
"Okay fine, I see how it is."

Freddy looked down at the floor, his eyes closed softly, trying to keep his expression calm. He was the leader, they were all following his lead though he was following Goldie's. He couldn't show how he felt, especially not now.

"When the time comes, we will have to push her away. Let her find herself, while we plan our next moves. The puppet said we will know when that time is when it comes. But you best brace yourselves. It won't be easy." Goldie's voice replayed back in Freddy's mind from earlier this evening.

When it struck midnight and everyone came back to their physical forms for a few hours, goldie had gathered them all around with an urgent message from the puppet. The meeting had run a little longer than Freddy would have liked, which was why he had been delayed. (Which was probably why shade thought it best to approach you.)

"It's not like that." Freddy began trying to at least have you try to understand somewhat. Maybe it was a mistake on his part but he just didn't want you upset. Though it was too late, you had backed away from his touch as he tried to grasp your shoulder.

"Then what is it like?" You had breathed through clenched teeth looking between him and the others. He watched as a single tear fell down your face.
"I get there are things I can't know or maybe that I won't understand but...you chose to save me. And the puppet chose to give me life like all of you. I'm not a child, not anymore. My memories may still be fuzzy but I remember enough. I want to help but if you all think you can do it on your own that's fine...I'll go sit in my room like a doll because apparently that's all I'm good for."

He had nothing to say, his mouth was open as if he wanted to say more but nothing left him. So instead he stood there, eyes wide and tearful, knowing full well you must be terribly upset with him.

Would you forgive him for having to do this? It was a terrible thing to do but it had to be done. You had to go on a path alone for a little while, and the reason behind that Freddy didn't know. He wished he did, he wished he could tell you that you had to go on this alone for a little bit. Then as soon as it was done he was by your side again determined to protect you.

But there was a slim chance you'd believe him that this was the truth now given how this situation was unfolding.

It was hard, but Freddy knew he had to keep his distance. He had to keep himself so far away from you, even if he wanted to hold you, to kiss you and tell you that it'll all be better soon. To explain that this was the puppet's idea and no one else's.

But he couldn't. He couldn't utter a single word about it, especially in this moment. Even if he was so worried about you. Even if he wanted to share all of the plan with you. Even if he wanted to drop to his knees and apologize for his rudeness.

He couldn't.

You looked at him a little longer, with tears in your precious (E/C) eyes, and that was when Freddy realized he made his mistake. Trying to look at you one last time. Hoping to catch one last glance before you left, though he wasn't sure what he expected when you met his gaze. You looked betrayed in a way, almost as if you half expected him to chase after you and yet at the same time you didn't think he'd do a thing.