Chapter 11 The Show Must Go On (Goldie)

"This is what is to be done." Such simple words, held the most tremendous weight to them. The puppet was talking, standing not too far from goldie within the dreamscape, despite his permanent smile and stretched eyes there was a frown in his words.

Goldie knew it was unwise to argue with the puppet, he knew of his full power and just what he could do. Not to mention he still felt guilty for causing trouble all because he wanted guidance just once more. He felt like a scolded child all over again, even though it's been a long long time since he was actually a child.

Goldie dared not to meet the puppet's gaze, instead stared at the ground with a bowed head, awaiting the next sentence to follow after. The puppet didn't wait for him to respond, and continued anyway. (Whether he said something or not.)

"Tonight, shade is going to try something," the puppet began his premonition, "there's no need for alarm however this is right on schedule. Shade likes to play around with his victims, as you know, which is what makes tonight so important."

Goldie finally found the courage to meet the puppets gaze, his heart beating rapidly on his chest as he tried to imagine just what shade would do. Would you be safe? No he couldn't put you in danger a second time. He just couldn't.

"Relax," the puppet leaned over goldie patting his head from his towering height, "what ever happens know (Y/N) will be safe."

Goldie had no words as he craned his neck to look up at the puppet. It was quiet as the puppet moved away, now turning to have his back to goldie. Staring off into the distance of the dreamscape. (It was different than how it normally looked when the two met like this, more space like this time than looking like the puppets childhood room or the pizzeria back in its days of operation. Goldie knew that it was for a reason, though what that reason might be he wasn't sure.)

"What is it that we will be doing then if shade plans to make his move? Is it our turn to move?" Goldie swallowed thickly before speaking, hesitantly asking the question that lingered in the back of his mind. Was it time to make a move?

The puppet turned back around, his permanent smile seemed to stretch more into an actual smile as he shook his head.

"Not yet, at least not you and the others." The puppet responded vaguely.
"But you do have an important job this evening."

Goldie narrowed his eyes at the notion. What sort of important job? He'd do it but he was curious. It was almost time he knew that, their happiest day was upon them or so he hoped and at least these two dream demons and their master would be no more. So the world would suffer a little less even if no one would notice.

"What do you want us to do?" Goldie looked up, feeling the room shift. The puppet was silent for a while before leaning down to meet Goldie's height.

"You may find me cruel for this." The puppet muttered sounding almost apologetic. Goldie waited for him to go on.
"But I'd like it if you and the others could find a way to push (Y/N) from out of your circle."

"What?" Goldie couldn't help but blurt out. The puppet chuckled sounding almost sad.

"I know I warned you it would be a cruel request. But it's for a good cause, trust me." The puppet looked off again lost in thought.
"(Y/N) is the key to stopping the dream demons. Believe me or not, this is the truth. I knew sooner or later after I locked away her memories and kept her safe after that awful bite Afton had wired fredbear to do at the time that they'd find her again. She was going to be the first in the ritual for his revival. But she ended up being the last. She's narrowly escaped death more times than she realizes, and on her own too I had no part in keeping her that safe. That's what makes her so important. She needs to realize that she's just as capable as you all, and this time alone for her will guide her on a journey to remember fully who she truly is, and what she's meant to be in our fight for our happiest day."