Chapter 10 Shady Propositions

"Daddy, look isn't she wonderful?" The little girl held her father's hand pointing up to the large unfinished animatronic.

"Don't get too close." William Afton tugged his daughter back, a smile on his lips as he looked down at her.
"She is wonderful, just as wonderful as you my doll."

He chuckled as he picked her up, setting his precious daughter on his hip as she giggled at him. She was his everything, after his wife left she was all he had left. He intended to give her the world, even if he wasn't as talent with giving his creations a more vibrant design like his partner he knew how to build. He was a man ahead of his time, and that's what made the restaurant prosper.

"When can I play with her?" Charlie looked at him, smiling with so much trust that he'd keep her safe. As any child at this age would have with their parents.

"Soon. She'll have her own restaurant, made special just for you." William smiled as he spoke. Even if he knew his daughter couldn't really grasp why he was making a restaurant just for her to play in and have more freedom.

All for her.

William stared from behind the metal fence put up between him and the wandering guests of the horror attraction. Eyes following coupled and families as they wandered around for cheap thrills of his own families history. It was a joke really, this whole thing.

People would come and go, scream and laugh at the cheap scares thrown their way. Not many people really wandered around inside, but enough to keep this dump running. What a joke. What a joke it all was, his empire he built with someone he thought of as a friend as a brother was reduced to this.

"CHARLIE!" William cried after walking into the room.

"Don't just stand there and stare, help!" His business partner yelled frantically, trying to undo the spring locks that had swallowed her whole.

Their efforts were for nothing, she was already gone by the time she got pried out. Blood was everywhere, and only half of her little body was intact the rest of it split in pieces on the floor. Regardless William held her tightly, crying out her name as if that would bring her back. As if she could hear him.

"You!-" William looked at his business partner who was covered in his daughters blood.
"You killed her!"

The other man tried to explain what had happened. He turned his back for a second, focused on his son who was at the door and didn't even see Charlie slip past towards the unfinished animatronic before it was too late.

But William didn't believe him. He was always jealous of his partner, he had everything William didn't. And now he had taken the one thing he cared about.

The only thing he had ever truly cared about.

People came and went, and William stayed there behind the fencing unable to move aside from his eyes. The attraction had been closed up for the day, and the owners had wandered in to look after it until the night shift. They did this every night like clockwork.

All he could do was remain where he was and watch, alone, cold, silent. This was all that his life, or rather his after life, was. What a pitiful thing he was. What a worthless thing he was. Why was any of this worth it if he didn't have his daughter? His precious daughter.

It was raining. Or rather it had started raining after William had changed his clothes out of the bloodied ones. Charlie's body, what was left of it, covered and hidden away to be buried later in the day. A secret, because if anyone heard how she passed his restaurant would close down for ever.