Chapter 11 The Show Must Go On (Bonnie)

No wait.

That what he wanted to say.

Please listen to me.

Bonnie plead to no one in his mind. But the words never came out. Instead he watched as your face shifted from frustrated to almost betrayed.

"Guys?" You had gasped looking between all five of them. Hoping that maybe someone would say something. Anything. But no one did. Bonnie felt tongue tied. He wanted to speak, to convey that it wasn't what it seemed like, but he couldn't get his words out. And because of that, he could practically hear your heart breaking with the way you stood there.
"Okay fine, I see how it is."

You avoided his gaze, he reached for you. Though Bonnie had been stopped. Hand pushing his own back down, he looked towards foxy who gave him a slight shake of the head. As if saying don't do it.

Bonnie turned his attention back to you, listening to your conversation now between Freddy who had taken the insinuative to try and explain how things were. But it just wasn't helping.

"It's not like that." Freddy said, in an effort to have you understand. Though it was too late, you had backed away from the group, purposely still not looking Bonnie in the eyes.

"Then what is it like?" You had breathed through clenched teeth looking between Freddy and the others.
"I get there are things I can't know or maybe that I won't understand but...you chose to save me. And the puppet chose to give me life like all of you. I'm not a child, not anymore. My memories may still be fuzzy but I remember enough. I want to help but if you all think you can do it on your own that's fine...I'll go sit in my room like a doll because apparently that's all I'm good for."

"(Y/N)-" Bonnie gasped, your name slipped from his lips in an instant, but you didn't seem to hear him as you turned away. Bonnie pushed his way towards the front of the room, staring at the door with a distant look in his eyes.

"When the time comes, we will have to push her away. Let her find herself, while we plan our next moves. The puppet said we will know when that time is when it comes. But you best brace yourselves. It won't be easy." Goldie's voice replayed back in Bonnie's  mind from earlier this evening.

He had gathered everyone around to tell them this, that this was what the puppet wanted. A short meeting was all it should of been, and that was probably why shade had taken the chance to speak with you.

If the puppet hadn't said anything Bonnie would have been there earlier, he'd of been able to escort you back, to keep you safe like he promised he'd do. But no. That gold idiot just had to stop him and tell him the puppets plans along with the others.

And now, to make it all worse, this was how things were supposed to be.

You left thinking that he didn't want to share important information with you. You left thinking your friends were purposely keeping you in the dark as if they wanted you to fail. You left, thinking the man who said he loved you was side lining you.

Bonnie clenched his hands into fists at his side as he stared at the door frustrated with himself. With the situation.

He wanted to chase after you, but given how much time was left on the clock he couldn't. Even still he doubted that anyone in this room would let him in the first place.

The way you looked at him, so betrayed. It broke his heart. As if he didn't already have enough going on. Why? Why does it always have to be this way? Why did he have to do this, why did he have to push you again?

Why?...

Bonnie hung his head low, wanting nothing more than to fall to his knees in defeat. 6 years he's waited, and now that he finally has you back, now that he's been able to confess just how he really feels about you. It's all gone.