Chapter 1 Reunited

Author's Note: the outfit above is merely a reference for the idea of your human form. It doesn't have to look the same, just something for reference.
~Nightmare

Your head throbbed, the sharp pain ran down your face striking you in the eyes. In your silent world of darkness it was all that kept your mind awake. You wanted nothing more than to continue sleeping, but something urged your to open your eyes.

But despite its nagging sensation, you didn't want to open them. You were unwilling to wake up. Unwilling to meet the waking world. Though your efforts to remain in your slumber were in vain, you had to awaken. You were compelled to.

Begrudgingly you peeled your eyes open. Half expecting to meet the sound of your alarm and that being the cause of your splitting headache. But the room was silent, the only noises being made by you as you shifted in bed. Your vision was blurry, you blinked. Once. Twice. Until finally things shifted into view.

Where are you?

Quickly you sat up, looking around the room hastily. This place was somehow unfamiliar and familiar all at once. As you glanced around, you noticed you were in some sort of bedroom.

It was a quaint sort of room. That clearly used to hold so much life at one point in time. It wasn't very hard to gleam the fact, it was evident, in the blue paint that seemed to be freshly placed upon the walls, down to the toys that littered the floor. Though upon closer inspection now that you were looking you realized that you're not alone.

It was then you saw him, a little boy amongst five stuffed animals holding tightly onto one of them. His eyes met yours, a certain maturity behind them, holding closer to the animal in his arms.

"Hello (Y/N)." The boy grinned softly, even his tone held a sense of maturity beyond his years. He seemed merely 8 years old. Though he spoke as if he was older than you now.
"It's been a long time."

"H-how do you know my name?" You blurted the words out before you were able think of a better question. Standing up off the bed you neglected the blue comforter to stand in front of the boy, only now realizing that the stuffed animal he guarded to his chest was Goldie in his animatronic form.

The golden bear looked up at you with hallowed eyes it's permanent grin almost seemed to grow wider as you approached. It would have been creepy if you hadn't had been through worse.

"I thought you'd ask where you are first." The little boy hummed amused standing up.
"It's fitting isn't it? Our first meeting after so many years is my last moments as a boy."

You frowned opening your mouth to ask what he meant. But stopped short when there was heavy pounding against the bedroom door.

"If I let him in, despite this being a memory it'll be far too early for us all to meet." The boy sighed gazing at the door with a scowl. Somehow it felt wrong for him to have such a deadly look upon his face. As if such an expression was rare to come by. The boy turned his attention back to you, smiling once more.
"Do not worry. Your unanswered questions will be answered soon. Goldie will fill you in, all you have to do now is wake up."

You bit your lip anxiously. Were you not awake? Somehow you felt like you shouldn't say anymore as you looked around the room, jumping again at the pounding on the door.

"It's okay (Y/N)." The little boy stepped closer to you reaching a hand out for you to take. Cautiously you took it.
"Just wake up."

Wake up....