Chapter 8 Left Behind

After getting back with the rest of the group, everyone found it wise to change the plan once again. The situation seemed to be worse than anyone had thought, but the only real way of protecting you was the puppet. (Or so you heard them say.)

But as of right now, you were sitting in the corner as everyone quietly discussed amongst themselves about what to do. Your mind felt strained, still putting together pieces of your past. But at the same time you were upset with being casted aside the way that you had. You felt like a little kid who could do nothing while the adults talked.

You frowned picking at the table with a long sigh leaving your lips. That child's drawing was still stuck in your head, and despite the run in with shade you were more curious than ever what was really going on here. Somethings just weren't adding up.

"Come on (Y/N)! Daddy said we could play together!" The little girl in your head said again. You clenched your eyes shut as the memory tried to resurface.
"Come on!"

You clenched your jaw. Who is she? Why can't you remember her? Is she like the others? What had caused you to loose your memories in the first place?

"Happy birthday to you!" People sang in your head there was so much noise it was making you feel faint
"Happy birthday dear (Y/N)! Happy birthday to!-"

Suddenly the singing was interrupted by screaming. Your head felt as though it was splitting with the headache you had. You gasped opening your eyes breathing heavily. You felt as though you just returned to the surface after being underwater for so long.

You slowly looked over to your friends, and your lover amongst them, still talking about what to do for you. They were all still so caught up in their own world none of them had heard your gasps. You stood up figuring some air from the room would do you some good. (After all you've been here for a while it was nearly 6 am.)

You hesitated at the door, glancing back at everyone. Would they notice you were gone? Is this wise? You aren't going far just to stand in the hall and take a breath. Surely you'd be okay. Nodding your head with your decision already made you stepped out into the hallway breathing the sigh of relief.

It's much quieter out here and you didn't feel like a burden to the others. Why couldn't they let you help? You feel like there's still so much you need to know even though they say they've told you everything they can.

You leaned against the wall beside the door to the room, taking another deep breath to ease your headache. What could you even do? You feel like you're just a disaster waiting to happen. You didn't even realize that was shade you were speaking to. Not to mention what had happened with shadow, apparently, 6 years ago.

Why couldn't you be more useful? Was it just not your time yet or are you just here to cause more problems?

"Hello?" That little kids voice filled the hallway and you knew it was caused by the night guard now. Still you peeked your eyes open to stare down the dimly lit hall of the horror attraction.

"Follow me!" A little boy's voice caught your attention making you push yourself away from the wall to see him now. He looked so familiar, like the boy in your dream. He looked up at you with big eyes before he dashed down the hallway expecting you to follow him.

"Hey-" you gasped before hesitating. No wait what if this is another trick was this shades doing?

Follow him.

It was the voice of the puppet. That much you were sure of now. Urging you to follow the boy. Was it the puppet leading the way?

Go on. I am with you.