Chapter 11 The Show Must Go On (Foxy)

It really has to be like this. Foxy didn't agree, but he knew it was what was best. This fight happening now, everything that was going on was a battle that was outside of his capabilities. Outside of Freddy's, Bonnie's, and Chica's. What ever the puppet said, he would do.

Still, that didn't make it right at this moment. That didn't mean that foxy agreed completely. Seeing you upset at the whole situation, broke his heart. But he had to keep quiet. He stared at you as you desperately tried to understand what was happening. But what you got in return wasn't the same.

The way your eyes darkened, glazed over as if you wanted to cry. The way you looked at him, hoping for some sort of explanation and reviving none. It hurt.

"Guys?" You had gasped looking between all five of them. No one said anything still. And that was when the look in your eyes crept in. You gave foxy a look of hope, and finding that he held no explanation either. The way you spoke from there was just as bitter as exasperated.
"Okay fine, I see how it is."

Freddy had tried to defend everyone. In a way that didn't go against the puppet but it was all in vain. Foxy knew that. He looked to the ground feeling disappointed with himself. But this was what was needed to be done.

"When the time comes, we will have to push her away. Let her find herself, while we plan our next moves. The puppet said we will know when that time is when it comes. But you best brace yourselves. It won't be easy." Goldie's voice replayed back in foxy's mind. A reminder of the choices they had to make in this time.

The conversation had taken place earlier in the night, just before foxy had found you with shade. If he hadn't been caught in that conversation he was sure that he'd of been able to protect you. But the puppet worked in mysterious ways and foxy had a sinking suspicion that this was how it was supposed to be.

Still that didn't make him feel better.

You left. You turned on your heel in such a heartbroken state, and stormed out. Foxy stood there, staring after you. His gaze finally taken from the floor to gaze at the door.

His heart weighed heavy in his chest. How many times could he say that this was how it was supposed to be before he started to feel better about his choices?

Never enough.

Foxy felt horrible for having to keep quiet. Horrible for having to fake leaving you out of planning. Something he'd never do.

Everyone separated now that you had left. Whispering to themselves, in their respective clicks. But foxy stayed glued to the floor. Staring intently at the door. Maybe he thought If he stared long enough you'd come back.
Or maybe he was trying to convince himself to move and go explain things to you.

Either way neither were working out.

For a moment he contemplated running after you. He could make it before the click chimed 6 am, but whether or not he could explain it in time was another question. He contemplated if he made it he could sputter that he wasn't trying to push you away but this was what had to happen. He thought maybe he could explain it in a way you wouldn't be upset.

But while he thought over it he knew the reality was he couldn't run after you. He couldn't tell you the reason why he acted the way he had. He couldn't smooth things over easily like they did in the movies he watched as a kid.

Real life was just much more complicated than that. But that didn't mean he didn't have wishful thinking.

Foxy stared before finally closing his eyes, the 6 am bell chimed and he felt himself slip away from the physical world. To disappear as the curse, he triggered that night to save you from shadow, made him.