You play an instrument -Cashton/4 pref

Calum:
(Cello)
You and Calum were currently cleaning out and organizing your insanely messy garage...well...more like picking up a few things and then taking a 10 minute break to marvel at some old treasure that you forgot even existed.
"OH MY GOSH!" You squeal as you rapidly unfold a large, rectangular box sitting in one corner of the garage. "My old cello! I totally forgot I had this." You say happily, now removing the delicate, wooden instrument from its jet-black case along with it's bow. Calum walks over to you, grinning. "Y/N, you never told me you played cello."
"Well I don't really anymore. I did when I was younger but I kind of grew out of it I guess." You reply, remembering how hard you worked to play certain pieces and to impress your demanding music teachers.
"You can't just 'grow out' of an instrument! C'mon try playing something, I'm curious as to how much you remember."
You feel your facial expressions become uneasy. "Uhh...I dunno, Cal. I haven't played in forever and I'll probably suck."
"Nah you won't suck. Just try!" He insists. "Alright, fine." You finally give in. The first thing that pops into your head is some Bach piece that you learned to play back in 7th grade, so you sit down on a stool and play as much of it as you can remember before giving up.
"Sorry, Calum. That's all I can remember." You say to Calum who is looking at you, jaw dropped.
"It's ok, it sounded awesome. I think you should take up cello again, I bet you were killer at it when you were young." He says, giving you a small kiss on your forehead.

Ashton:
(Bass)
You were in a band with your brother, his best friend, and your best friend; you being the bassist. You had accidentally knocked over your bass when you were crazily dancing to She Looks So Perfect, and you were pretty pissed at yourself for being to clumsy and careless to do so. 2 of the strings snapped, one of the tuners fell off, and random parts of the instrument were either dented, scratched, chipped, or broken off- so getting it repaired would cost way more than to just buying a new one. But you're a very indecisive person, and you know it would take a while to find the perfect replacement for your instrument, but the worst part was- you were going to play a gig at The House of Blues in 2 days! You had been searching everywhere and looking at sites online for a new bass that met all your needs and desires, but you being as picky as you were, nothing really worked.
"Hey, babe?" Ashton called you from downstairs. You were in bed, on your laptop, surfing the web for the millionth time to find a new bass.
"Yeah, Ash?" You reply back.
"I have something for ya! Come here." You groan internally. You were of course grateful that Ashton had gotten you something, though you didn't know what it was, but you were just so stressed that you wouldn't be able to find a new instrument that you didn't want to be bothered. But since you love Ashton, you decide to drag yourself downstairs and see what he has for you anyway.
"What's up?" You ask once you're in the living room, standing across from Ashton.
"Ok well I felt bad about your dancing-into-your-bass-and-breaking-it incident, so, like the amazing husband I am, decided to buy you a new one. Here you go, I hope you like it!" He says simply before going into the kitchen, and walking back with a large, black case in both hands. Your eyes widen and your jaw drops immediately once your brain starts to function what is happening. You carefully take the case out of his hands, and quickly unzip it, revealing a shiny, Y/F/C (your favorite color) bass hidden on the inside. "Oh my gosh." You say, in shock. "I don't even know what to say. I can't believe this...Ashton holy crap- you did NOT have to do this for me!" You say, now feeling a bit guilty thinking about how much time, money, and effort it must've cost him to get this amazing gift for you.
"No, of course I didn't! But I did because I love you and you deserve it. Plus, when the boys and I played at The House of Blues awhile ago, 2 of my drums broke, remember? And I was bloody pissed about it. And knowing how terrible I felt, I wanted to make sure you didn't have to experience the same feeling. That's why I did it!"
You smile widely, happy that you are so fortunate as to have such a considerate and loving boy in your life. "Well, Ash. I still don't know what to say. I absolutely love it and I love you. And it was really sweet of you to do this for me, thank you a million!" You say gratefully before giving him a kiss and pulling him in for a hug.
"You're welcome a million, Y/N."

💫

-I'm sorry that I've been so inactive with this book lately! I've been working on a new Michael fan fic called "Therapy."
Here's the prologue in case you're interested:

"Brooklyn, how come you like me?"
"Because, what's not to like about you?"
"I dunno, I have extreme anger issues and flip out on everyone. Literally everyone."
"Your problems don't define you, Michael. Like, for instance, I get panic attacks, but that's not all that there is to me as a person. I have a quirky personality and lots of hobbies too! It's the same for you, there's a lot more to you as well, Michael. You're a cool guitarist yet very sweet and sensitive at the same time. I didn't realize that at first. But now I understand what a truly great guy you are and to be honest, I don't know how I didn't see that to begin with."
"...Brooklyn?"
"Yeah, Mikey?"
"I think I'm in love with you."
(WILL NOT BE PUBLISHING FAN FIC UNTIL I HAVE AT LEAST 6 CHAPTERS- SORRY FOR THE WAIT!)

Ttyl-