Chapter 2

❄️Crystal's POV❄️

Crystal, get out of bed right now or else you are going to be late! My mom yelled from downstairs.

I hope I'm not the only one that hates Monday mornings.

I checked my phone and saw that it was 8:00 and school starts at 9. I had 60 minutes to get ready, eat and leave.

With the threats that my mom made about my phone, computer, and PlayStation, I was able to get everything ready in only 30 minutes. My mom decided to drive Laura and me to school before she and the others left for work. Thankfully we lived close to school so it only took 10 minutes to get there.

"Are you sure that this is a high school and not a university?" Laura asked, with pure shock on her face.

"And this is why it is good to study." My mom said with pride.

"You girls can make it back home, right?" My mom asked as we got down from the car.

"Yes mom" Laura and I say in unison.

Even though Laura and I aren't biological sisters, we see each other as twins and each other's parents as our own as well.

"Ok, then. See you, girls, later." My mom said as she started the engine.

"Bye!" Laura and I said in unison as my mom drove off.

"I don't know what to expect at all," Laura said, as we walked into the school.

"Neither do I. But it can't be that bad, right?" I said as we walked into a big hallway.

"Hmm. So how do we find the principal's office?" Laura asked, while I looked around and spotted three girls chatting by the lockers.

"We can ask them," I said, using my eyes to point at the girls. She nodded and we walked over to them.

"Uh... Excuse me" I asked one of the girls.

As she turned around to face us. I suddenly felt insecure about myself. She was the definition of beautiful. Tall, long full brown hair with little golden highlights and the most beautiful emerald eyes I've ever seen. She would be one of those female leads in one of those reverse harems stories. But the way she was dressed, you'd think she was going to a club and not a high school.

"What do you want, loser?" She said in disgust, as she eyed us up and down.

I guess she's part of the descendants of the female dogs.

"Well since we're new to this school and we need to know where the principal's office is, do you mind telling us?" I asked, trying to calm myself down while glancing at Laura already scowling at her.

"Oh, it's over there" she said as she pointed at the end of the hallway.

Maybe she was on her period that's she acted that way, maybe we could be friends. As Laura and I thanked her, I could have sworn I saw a small smirk on her face before it faded fast.

Laura and I walked in the direction they pointed us and saw a door but no sign said principal's office. We knocked on the door and heard a faint "come in". We opened the door and got inside, it was dark and filled with smoke. We started to cough and immediately heard the door shut behind us.

WTH!!! The lights suddenly turned on and we saw 3 boys that would look like they were in a gang. One of them pulled out their phone from his pocket and smirked before putting it back. Laura and I held hands as we slowly backed away from them.

"Well, well, well I see you're the new girls. I know that this isn't your usual welcome commiteé but just know that this is how it is in this school" The guy in the middle said with a smirk, and I presumed he was the leader.