Chapter 13

🖤Crystal's POV🖤

"You sure we're at the right address?" I ask Laura who was just trying to close her mouth and check her phone again, eyeing the mansion... No, I'm sorry. What I mean to say is the palace that was just radiating the word "we're rich" right off it. "Call her" Laura says and I wondered why she couldn't just do it herself but then again she's being held captive in the shock world so I don't bother asking and just call Nora.

Laura and I were going to be at Nora's and Edward's for the entire day. I had that assignment that Ben and I had to take care of while Laura was going to be having fun with Nora and Edward. All in all, we had decided to take public transportation instead of accepting a ride from our parents. We wanted to explore a little more of the city and well... being taken to your destination without taking a look around was no fun to us.

The phone was answered quite fast. "Hey girl" Nora says with a cheerful voice and I can hear Edward in the background groaning and yelling out some cuss words, I cringe at that. "Hey Nor" I say trying to keep a cheerful tone but still the shocked tone in my voice was a little faint. With the little time we had spent together, we had all bonded quickly and called each other nicknames.

"I don't know if we're at the correct address right now" I say looking around. "You sure? Did you use Google Maps?" She asks "Yeah we did but we're unsure if we're at the correct destination. We don't want to be trespassing on private property and then, later on, be chased by wild dogs. We don't want to have nightmares tonight".

I hear a chuckle at the other end of the line. "Alright let me check and see if you're outside." she says and doesn't cut the call. We soon notice a curtain being opened and see a figure although she's a bit far away we can still recognize her. She sees us and waves and we wave back at her. "Hold on, I'm gonna go open the gate." she says and cuts the call.

I see Laura still looking at the mansion with her mouth slightly opened. I chuckle and snap my fingers in front of her face, breaking her from her trance. "You good now?" I ask and she just nods.

Soon we hear the gate open and I push the gate open. We enter and I lock the gate behind me. "Girls!" I hear Nora exclaim and turn around to be welcomed by her with a group hug. When she releases us I see that she is wearing a white t-shirt and black sweatpants, pretty comfortable if u ask me. "C'mon" She says and grabs Laura's and my hand dragging us inside.

If the exterior wasn't what made our jaws drop then it was definitely the interior. We were welcomed by dark marble floors, high ceilings, and tall windows with silky white and cream curtains. We walked past the living room, it was very spacious and I mentally praised the architect that designed all this. We made our way to what seemed like a library; books were stacked on the shelves and I wondered if they had any romcoms in their collection.

Nora made her way to a particular shelf and dragged a book to herself. The shelf opened as if it were sliding doors and we made our way inside. Laura and my mouth should have become mops by the way they keep dropping. Inside was a game room. It was bigger than the living room and I suddenly became very infatuated with the textures and the design of everything.

"Are you serious?!" We flinch as we see Edward gritting his teeth and sliding his hand across his ginger hair, he seemed quite frustrated. He's sitting on the floor with his controller in hand and his headphones on. He's wearing a blue shirt with black sweatpants. "They kicked your ass again, bro?" Nora asks but it sounded more like she was stating a fact. Edward groans and then his eyes shifted to us, they widened and I mentally chuckled at the cause of it. "Uh... Hey" he stutters and from the corner of my eyes I see Nora rolling her eyes and walk towards him to take a seat on the couch. Laura makes her way to the couch and joins Nora while I sit next to Edward on the floor. Edward is playing Fortnite but is failing miserably. I look up at Laura who is looking down at me and we both nod.

"Hey, Edward..." Laura says and Edward stops to look up at her. "There is a hacker playing against you" she says. "What?" he asks with a mask of confusion. "You can't see it 'cause they are quite skilled in not revealing it but I can spot them quite easily" Laura says and I smile. Laura is like a goddess when it comes to games she can even beat them in her sleep. She soon used that talent of hers to teach others but of course with a price, but when it came to me it was free of charge.

"I suggest that you give Laura the controller, I guarantee you that they will be begging for mercy after they get a taste of what's coming for them." I say and he obliges, passing the controller and headphone set to Laura. Laura starts doing her magic and in a few minutes we hear her start laughing and we look at her wiping a tear from her eye as she wins. "He definitely begged for mercy" she says laughing and we all joined in with her.

We all decided to play together for a while till Nora's phone buzzed. "Oh it's Ben, he asked if you're here yet" Nora says and I inwardly groan as I forgot that we still have a presentation to complete. "I told him you're here with us and he says that he is coming to fetch you" Nora says putting her phone down and getting back to the game at hand. I on the other hand decided to forfeit as I would leave the game room soon to work on the assignment.

Ben soon came and he was looking smoking hot. His hair was messy and had on a black t-shirt that was hugging his muscular body I could see that it wanted to make it clear that the guy had abs. He is wearing black sweatpants that looked really comfy. He clears his throat making me blush but I quickly shake the thought and get up. Without another word, I follow him out of the game room and we make our way out of the library into a hallway, up the stairs, and to a room. The room was completely covered with a dark theme, the floor wasn't dark marble but instead Brazilian walnut flooring. It felt a little dark but it felt like it was comfortable to stay here.

Ben gestured with his head for me to go inside and I did so. The moment I stepped inside he locked the door and I flinched at the sound. I turned around to see him leaning on the door.

"Why did you lock it?" I say a little nervous but he just cocked an eyebrow and walked towards me making me take a step back until my legs hit his bed but I still managed to stable myself from falling onto the bed. He leans in, his face centimeters from mine as I could feel his breath fanning my face. I can feel heat flow to my cheeks and shut my eyes closed shut.

"What are you waiting for?" his husky voice fans my earlobe as he whispers.

"What?" I croak out. What is going on? Why can't I push him away... No, better question why don't I want to push him away? No no no, the ultimate question is why is the hell he smirking?!