Chapter 20

💞 Crystal's POV💞

"Why did you call us over again" I ask, Laura as she rummages through her closet.

"Cause both of you are my Sofia Vergara and Heidi Klum. " Laura says, facing us while folding her arms.

"Girl, this isn't Laura's got talent. " Nora says while typing to someone on her phone.

"It is now. " Laura says, going back to her closet. I sigh." Laura it's just a date". The moment I say that Laura's head turns to me so fast that I almost think snaps her neck from the force.

"It's not just. a. date." Laura says, drawing the last words as she glares at me. "Edward said that the date would be a surprise, and low and behold he didn't tell me what to prepare!". Laura goes to the bed and drops between me and Nora. "Why not just call him and ask?" I ask.

Laura drops her head back and sighs. "I want to surprise him" Laura whines, causing Nora and I to raise our eyebrows in disbelief. What's so hard about picking up a phone and calling your boyfriend for some information?

Laura then proceeds to give us her famous puppy dog eyes. I don't know about Nora but the shielded wall that I was using against Laura has slowly started to grumble leaving a considerable gap for Laura to invade and make me do her bidding.

Nora and I both sigh."So what do you have in mind?" Nora asks, causing Laura's eyes to twinkle with mischief. Whenever her eyes do that, that's when you know that the request... no I'm sorry. I mean the demand she's about to make is going to be utterly foolish, inconceivable, unthinkable, horrible and did I mention foolish?

I give her the side eye "Laura don't. " I warn. She doesn't give a hoot and the twinkle in her eyes shines even brighter. "Laura don't" I repeat, as she stands to face us. Poor Nora had no idea that she would be an accomplice to a very stupid plan, that would make her regret for years to come.

"Well..." Laura starts. "I wanted you guys to join me on my date. "

The eerie silence covers the room. If a pin dropped now, there's a high chance of it being heard.

"You want us to do what?" Nora asks, narrowing her eyes at Laura. "Join me and-" I cut her off "And become third and fourth wheels, right?"

Laura takes a moment and looks at both of us. "I don't mean it like that. I would just feel a little more comfortable if I had you guys with me," she says, her confident self slowly shuttering at the mention of being comfortable. I know that although she vowed to herself that her past never happened, the truth is, that the hurt, the pain, the worry, and the fear are still things that she feels. Yes, she has become stronger and showed courage when taking the step to dating Edward but I guess she hasn't crossed the line fully yet, where she can fully give her trust to someone else, and until that day comes I'll keep on supporting her.

"I'll come with you," I say and both of them look at me. Nora stares at me with confusion but I just give her a small smile. When I turn towards Laura, the appreciation in her eyes is hard to miss. Her shoulders, which looked so tense when she told us her plan, finally relaxed. She hugs me. "Thanks, Crystal" she whispers and I just smile.

"Okay. " Nora breathes out. "I don't know what's going on but I'll support you all the way".

Laura and I look at each other. I can tell that she doesn't want to leave Nora in the dark. She has become like a sister to us and we want her part of our lives and family. "Do you want me to do it?" I ask, searching for any signs of discomfort in Laura's eyes.

She takes a moment and then sighs. "No, it's okay. I can do it myself. " Laura then takes her time in retelling the story of what happened between her and Rome. How she thought that things could work between them, how he made her go through so much, taking her reputation and self-esteem through the mud. In the end, I could see Laura holding back tears, trying to seem unfazed. On the other hand, Nora had clenched her hand into fists and her knuckles seemed to have turned white. Her expression turns stormy with every word that retells the past.

By the time Laura's done, Nora takes a deep breath and breathes out through her mouth. "I'm sorry you had to go through that. " Nora says but her eyes don't give any hint of pity just understanding and concern. "I get that, that douchebag hurt you and I see why you want us to follow you... And of course, I agree to help. But" Nora sighs and continues again. "You're the first girl to ever make Edward like this. He gets flustered at every mention of your name. He even bought you flower-" Nora quickly cuts off but it is too late. I already had a feeling that the flowers that Laura received were from Edward, but this just confirms any suspicions that lingered. That just leaves out who gave me flowers.

Nora quickly continued "Anyways, he wouldn't do that to you.". "I give you my word. If he makes you cry, I'll cut his balls off and ship it to Egypt so they can feed it to the crocodiles in the Nile River. " She says looking determined and making Laura and I laugh.

"That's quite savage" Laura smirks, making Nora flip her hair. "I know," She says winking at her and giving her a high five. "What about me?" I pout and they just shake their heads as they give me high-fives too.

We quickly help Laura pick out clothes with the help of Nora's knowledge of her brother's taste. If I do say so myself, he has pretty good taste. He doesn't relish in half clothes instead he likes it when clothes are good but most importantly comfortable. So picking out comfy but cute clothes for Laura was no problem at all. Then we planned how the operation would work out. While Edward comes to pick Laura up. Nora and I will secretly follow them on Nora's bike. Wherever they go for their date we'll follow, it will help put Laura's mind at ease knowing her friends are close by. At the same time, we'll encourage her with the Bluetooth piece that we'll have.

"What should we call this mission?" Laura asks, excitement flickering in her eyes.

"We're not calling it anything. " Nora says, Laura pouts her lips and then looks at me."Don't even think about it" I say crossing my arms on my chest. Laura huffs out a breath. "Oh c'mon, you guys are no fun!" she whines, causing Nora to roll her eyes while I shake my head.