Chapter 8

🍕Crystal's POV🍕

"Hey, could you maybe... you know THE PHONE DOWN?" I say, emphasizing the words

Ben just kept scrolling on his phone and just flatly ignored me.

Can I strangle him??? Please???

Stay calm Crystal. Breathe in and breathe out. Strangling him means that the UNO reverse card will be used. But honestly, for crying out loud what does Amber see in this guy? Sure he's handsome like my bias but his level of annoyance is way higher than his level of looks.

After our teacher paired everyone we had to change our seats and seat beside our partners. Annoyance became my bestie as I got up from my seat and headed towards Ben, cause the logic stated that he would never get out of his seat just come and sit next to me.

I continued working on the presentation and tried to pick out a layout. The little I could do was try and get his attention but it wasn't necessarily working. The only time it worked was when I needed his opinion and he wasn't giving it, so I grabbed his shirt making him look at me, but he always used that annoying handsome smirk of his to make my heart do flip flops and making retract my hand faster than Usain Bolt. And for the cherry on top many of his fans were sending daggers flying my way. It was like everyone suddenly wanted to put a bounty on my head just because I was working with the guy everyone girl dreamed of (my worst nightmare).

I thank the clock for finally freeing me from my misery as I quickly packed my things and was about to head out till Ben grabbed hold of my wrist.

"You're coming over during the weekends. Make sure to go to Nora's, that's where you will find me" He said, before letting me go and getting up to leave the classroom. He left me stunned by his words.

I started to slowly chuckle like a maniac, making those who were left in the class look at me oddly but I didn't care. WHO DOES HE THINK HE IS?! THE GUY DOESN'T DO ANY WORK AND IS STILL ORDERING ME AROUND?! BUT BECAUSE I KNOW I NEED HIS OPINION ON SOME DETAILS THAT CAN'T BE SKIPPED, I CAN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT. MY GOSH, I WANT TO DROWN THIS GUY OR BETTER YET BURN HIM ALIVE!!!

I swear I could see my mini-devil self tie his shoelaces and make him trip and fall while she laughed. great I'm starting to see things.

"Crystal... Oh dear" Laura's voice called out, she was standing in front of my class and I made my way towards her.

"What? What's wrong?" Nora said, peeking from behind her.

"It's Crystal, her aura wants to murder someone. Quick! Order pizza! That's the only thing that can save her from a life of crime". Laura said. Making Nora grab her phone and call the nearest pizzeria.

I calmed down a bit "Really Laura? Really?". She shook her head "Which will it be Crystie, jail or pizza?" She said crossing her and shifting her weight to her other leg. I sigh "Pizza" I say rolling my eyes. She smiled at me "I thought so".

"By the way, where's Lucas?" Nora asked

"Oh, one of his secret admirers requested that they work somewhere else, because she felt that the class would be very noisy, and the teacher agreed," I said, holding back my laugh and I remembered. The second the teacher paired him up, the girl rushed to raise her hand and asked if they could work elsewhere. I felt Lucas stiffen as I tried to hold back my laugh. She immediately ran out of her seat grabbed Lucas by the wrist and dragged him out of the classroom. His eyes were begging me to save him as he was being dragged away, I laughed inwardly then I remembered that I was working with a spawned demon. I used my eyes to point at the devil and Lucas just saluted me as he was taken away.

"How do you know she was an admirer?" Nora asked and I chuckled."I could smell love in the air and it wasn't her perfume. The way she looks at him, it's like Cupid shot way too many arrows through her heart." I said, making the girls chuckle.

"Sooo... When's the pizza coming?" I asked, making the girls roll their eyes and chuckle.

"Soon" They both say simultaneously making me pout as they laugh.

We started making our way out of school, heading to the bus station when a limousine got in our way from crossing the street. A man, who looked like he was in his early 40s, dressed in a suit came out from the driver's side and made his way around to open the limo door. Out stepped Amber looking all high and mighty as she scowled at us... Well me mostly.

"Heard you were going to work with my Ben" She said, eyeing me up and down.

I rolled my eyes as the word "my" flew out of her mouth. "Yeah. So?" I said crossing my arms. After our first encounter, I wasn't going to let her think that she had any effect on me.

She glared at me and took a step forward but I kept standing still. She leaned closer and whispered. "I know that Ben and you kissed at the party" I froze. How did she know such a thing? I never told anyone anything including Laura and Nora. "Trust me, you messed with the wrong girl. But I'm one to give others second chances. Stay away from Ben if you don't want your life to become a living hell". She says, tucking her hair behind her ear as she steps away from me. She put on her sunglasses and made her way back to the limo

"Amos, take me to the mall" She says as she gets into the limo. The man locks the door and makes his way to the driver's side. The limo leaves us in the dust and leaves me with more questions than my brain can contain.

"Ughhh!!! She drives me crazy!" Laura exclaims, frustration visible on her face.

"Me too" Nora says.

"Yeah... me three" I say almost inaudibly.

The bus soon came and we made our way inside. None of us said anything. Mostly cause Amber had a way of ruining a joyful atmosphere with her presence and I was considering my life. By the time we made it back to my house, the pizza delivery guy just made it. We paid for it and got inside. Nora helped me set the table as Laura got us some glass cups and a bottle of soda.

"Yum, if there is anything that makes me smile again, it's pizza." I say and they nod in agreement. Pizza is a heavenly gift bestowed upon those who deserve it. I can say that I deserve it.

"Oh, Nora. It seems that I will be coming over to your house. His Highness told me to come to your house as that is the only way I'm gonna get this presentation done and gone with." I say.

"Really? That's great. I can't wait to have you over. Oh, and Laura you're coming along too." She says with a smirk, making Laura choke on her pizza.

"Agreed" I say as continue munching on my delectable.

"Seriously?" Laura asked, eyeing both of us.

Nora and I look at each other "Seriously" we both say simultaneously and laugh, making Laura shake her head.

After pizza had lifted our spirits we decided to play some video games. After what felt like an hour the doorbell rang. I got up after smashing the girls in the losing square and went to open the door.

"Edward and Lucas?" I say as this is the actual first time I see them anywhere together.