Chapter 31

💛Crystal's POV💛

I sigh as I lock the door to the room. Tired is totally the most underestimated description I can give. I feel like turning into Sleeping Beauty, sleeping for a hundred years, and karate-chopping any prince Phillip who may try to disrupt it.

Once my eyes finally rise from the ground, they widen, and I yelp as I see Anna sitting on a chair, and around her stand Laura and Nora. They are circling her like vultures about to devour prey, or maybe like Indians chanting around a bomb fire.

They notice me, and the girls stop circling Anna to look at me with their arms crossed. Anna's eyes seem to light up a little when she sees me.

"What's going on?" I ask

"Well. Crystal. We found one of Amber's minions waiting around and knocking on our door. She says she has something to tell you," Laura says, and I slowly walk to her.

"Is that why you girls are intimidating her?"

"We are not," Nora says, putting her hands on her hips.

"Do you not know that you look like intimidating investigators trying to get a criminal to confess?"

Laura chuckles "You're not far from the truth. We are trying to see why she's here. I smell foul play."

I slowly nod my head and turn to Anna. "Sorry about that; are you okay? What's going on?"

Anna slowly turns to the others who are watching our interaction, and that's when I notice their mouths have slightly parted and shock and confusion have colored their faces. I don't pay attention to that. We will figure out this situation first, and then I will confess.

Anna fiddles with her fingers, breathes in, and breathes out. "You know how you haven't heard anything from Amber?"

"Yeah," I say slowly. "And?"

"That's not like her; when someone wrongs her, she makes sure that retribution comes in any way, shape, or form."

I nod; that does sound like something Amber would do. But how could I have wronged her? She wanted Ben, and from any indication in the picture that was removed, she had him.

But he said he cares about you; he tried to kiss you today; he wants you.

That's definitely delusional speaking, because he may just want to play with my heart a little.

But he said he-

No. no. no. Words don't have much meaning; he can say one thing and mean something else. I'm Nora's friend, and as her cousin, he might want to care for me as well.

What about the-

Nope, moving forward

"And you're saying she's planning something... right now... on this trip?"

"Yes. Crystal, I know it's hard to believe, but I like you, and you're too nice to be treated this way. So trust me when I say I overheard her trying to bribe someone to frame you up."

"What?!" both girls and I exclaim.

Anna winces and nods. "Yeah, she's trying to frame you."

"H-how?" Nora asks

"I heard her trying to bribe one of the staff into stealing one of the teacher's personal items from her room, and then she just says that she will take care of the rest. That's all I know."

"And why should we believe you?" Laura asks, scrutinizing her with her glare. I'm about to stand up and confess, but Anna beats me to the punch. "I like Crystal; when I haven't been nice to her, she has to me. I know it's hard to believe me, especially after everything I've done, but I don't want to see her hurt, her reputation ruined, or her getting expelled."