Chapter 32

💞Crystal'POV💞

As we made our way to the resort's cafe, the evening breeze carried a sense of anticipation mingled with a touch of anxiety. The revelation about Amber's sinister plans weighed heavily on my mind, and it seemed to reopen a different can of worms that had to do with my parents. When I thought about not wanting to worry about this journey, I looked back now and saw that my plan might not work as I thought.

"It's alright, Crystal. Everything will be fine," Nora says, putting a hand on my shoulder.

"Just breathe in and breathe out, and think of pizza," Laura says, and I do so. My head, which seemed to have become a busy beehive, slowly stopped buzzing with worry, and the muscles that were tensed relaxed.

We soon arrived at the cafe, and it was like stepping into a scene from a glamorous movie set in a bustling European city. As we entered, the aroma of freshly brewed coffee and warm pastries enveloped us in a comforting embrace, inviting us to linger and savor the moment.

The decor was a delightful blend of old-world charm and modern sophistication, with plush leather chairs and ornate tables set against a backdrop of elegant marble floors and towering columns. Soft, golden light spilled from intricately wrought chandeliers, casting a warm glow over the space and creating an atmosphere of timeless elegance.

The walls were adorned with vintage posters and artwork, each telling a story of far-off places and exotic adventures. In one corner, a cozy fireplace crackled merrily, its flickering flames casting dancing shadows on the walls and adding to the cafe's inviting ambiance.

The place was a little less filled, and we noticed the boys. Edward was sitting next to Ben, while Lucas sat across from them. His back was facing us, and before I could think twice, I stopped the girls from moving forward.

"Crystal?" Laura asks

"What's wrong?" Nora asks

I take a moment to look at the guys. I noticed Edward glancing between Ben and Lucas, and while I couldn't see the expression on Lucas's face because his back was turned to us, instead I could clearly see the expression on Ben's face. If looks could kill, he could bring this entire place down to the grave. His entire body was tensed; he had his arms crossed, and his eyes seemed colder than the East Antarctic Plateau in Antarctica. Just his body language and the aura around the room declared that he was ready to bury someone. A clear contrast to the boy I was with moments ago. I didn't know what was happening, and if I were totally honest, I didn't feel like knowing.

I soon released my hold on the girls' wrists, and we moved forward. They didn't ask me why I did what I did, and I was grateful for that. The guys' conversation died in our nearing presence; the tensed bodies on the table seemed to relax, the aura changing ever so slowly, and the expression on Ben's face seemed to soften when his eyes landed on me as we settled into our seats. Laura sits in between Ben and Edward, while Nora and I sit at Lucas' sides.

Just having all of them here right now seemed to unknowingly relax me further, but not all the way, as I could feel Ben's eyes locked on me.

Edward clears his throat. "So... What's going on? Why are we having this meeting?"

Laura locks her arm around him. "What if we missed you guys?"

Lucas laughs. "I feel flattered, but I'm sure there's just more to the story than you guys missing us, so go ahead and tell."

Laura looks at me; with her eyes, I can read what she is asking me, and I nod. I take a deep breath before letting it out. "So Anna came to us, and she told us that Amber's plotting something."