Chapter 15

🎉Crystal's POV🎉

"That's none of your business" He says, as his eyes look away from me. His voice dripped with ice. I wanted to know, curiosity trying to open the door. Ben is a mysterious guy, a book that holds so many secrets, I just want to break through and figure him out.

I stood up from his couch and took my bag, not bothering to look back, walked out of his room, and headed downstairs—my attention was on my thoughts.

"Crystal" Nora's voice drags me out of my thoughts and I look around and see her walking toward me. "What's going on?" I ask, she looks somewhat excited and a little nervous. "I was wondering... Um... if you and Laura would like to spend the night?" She asks with hesitation. I tilt my head to the side and chuckle at her cuteness. She blushes and gives me a fake glare. "Hey! Don't laugh" She says in embarrassment. I shook my head a little. "Sorry, but you looked really cute" I say and she just rolls her eyes. "So?" she asks. "So?" I repeat, pretending that I didn't know what she was talking about. She crosses her arms " Oh come on" she says and I just chuckle "Ok, but I will need to find out with our parents if they're fine with it" I say and she nods. "How about you call them now? I want to go make dinner, and need to know if you guys will also stick around for that" She says and starts making her way to the kitchen.

I pull out my phone from my pocket and start calling our mom. I began by calling my mom and then joined the call with Laura's mom. They were good with us staying at Nora's and told me that we should have fun but not too much. I laughed at that cause fun was Laura and mines middle name. Well... not literally but you get the picture. I put my phone back and made my way in the direction I saw Nora go. I immediately found the kitchen and saw her seasoning some steaks. I decided to go and help her; I made my way to the kitchen sink and started to wash my hands.

Nora notices me and smiles "You don't need to help " She says, as she gets a pan from one of the cabinets. "Listen, I cook almost all the time and I wouldn't feel right to let you do it alone. Besides two hands are better than one" I say as I dry hands with a small towel. Her smile widens and she agrees to let me help her. Cooking together was fun. We strike up small conversations and laugh at each other small jokes. I get to find out that she and Edward normally do the cooking, but they still have a maid that still comes, around,d when they aren't around, to take care of some chores whenever they have school. At that I got curious and asked if they had any cameras, one could never trust the human heart as the chances for her to steal something was high if no one was watching her. Nora agreed and told me that her family had installed a lot of cameras in the mansion to make sure such an incident doesn't happen. I also get to understand that Ben doesn't really live here, he stays occasionally but otherwise, he doesn't come by often. Nora's parents have tried to find where he stayed but no one really knew where he stays, he was a total mystery.

"What do you think is going on right now with Laura and Edward" I ask a smirk playing on my lips. Nora's eyes look at me with a mischievous smile "Oh, I can smell the romance all the way here" she says and I chuckle. "In all honesty, I would actually want to see what they are up to" I say smiling mischievously. Nora looks at me with a smirk "Since we're technically done with getting dinner together, I believe we can... you know... make sure they're doing well" She says wiggling her eyebrows. We dish the food in the dining room; a big crystal chandelier hanging over the dark marble dining table. Nora and I rush to the library and tiptoe to the gaming room as the door was still open. Schock and delight wash over us as we see Edward and Laura sitting on the floor together chuckling but suddenly notice that Edward was leaning towards her. I was witnessing Laura's first kiss, I was internally squealing inside and see Nora getting her phone out to take a picture of them. Laura didn't stop him and the deed was sealed. Nora and I tip-toed out of there, the moment we were out of the library we started dancing and jumping around in joy. We definitely looked like some mad girls, but right now we were just way too happy for the two of them. They were so good for each other and they finally took a step. Although on the inside it felt like we were celebrating too soon. I brush that feeling away till Nora and I were on the floor sitting and smiling looking at the tall window; watching the sunset as the sun's rays displayed themselves. We looked at the time and decided to call them in. We gave each other a high-five before calling both of them. We didn't go in but just call them from the library. Laura dashed out of there as if her hair was caught on fire while blushing like a ripe tomato. Nora and I chuckled at the sight, as we stood there waiting on Edward. In a minute we see Edward walking out of the library, his face almost matching his hair. He was trying to pretend that nothing had happened but failing miserably with his flustered face.

As we make our way to the dining room Nora remembers about Ben and says that she would call him down, I agree and just go to the table. I could smell the awkwardness with a tinge of love in the air. I smile and sit next to Laura, who in turn looks at me still flustered but lays her head on my shoulder, trying to hide her head from Edward. She would always do this whenever she felt tired, nervous, or flustered.

Nora comes down in less than 3 minutes, saying that Ben decided that he would eat later and that would be up in his room. Nora said that it was common accordance for him to eat in his room instead of with the family. Before we dig into the food, Nora covered Ben's food, placed it in the fridge, and came back to join us. "Alright, let's dig in" Nora says, going over to sit next to Edward.

As we eat no one talks, maybe it's cause of the awkwardness in the air. But as someone who can't really stand the tension I decided to speak up.

"Hey, Laura our mom said that we could sleepover at Nora's tonight" I say and Laura's face lits up like a child opening a Christmas gift before Christmas. "Yes!" She exclaims. "But we don't have our PJs nor any comfy clothes with us" Laura points out and I mentally groan at her accuracy. "I can share some of my clothes, they should be able to fit you" Nora says and Laura and I smile and thank her.

By the time we're done, we work together to clean up and head for our rooms. "Do you guys want the guest room or would you like to have a sleepover in my room? I honestly wanted to have you guys in my room so it could be like a slumber party. I have plenty of sleeping bags. But if you guys don't want to that's also fine." She says as she fidgets with her fingers.

Laura and I look at each other and smile. "Babe, of course, we're taking over your room. It's our girls' night" Laura says, flipping her hair to the side, while chuckling at her, and Nora squeals. Nora immediately grabs us by the hands and leads us to her bedroom.

Her room is really big and mostly white and yellow. Two pillars lined a corner with two swings in between. Laura and I are in awe as we look around, everywhere felt bright and sunny. It felt like it was impossible to have a bad mood here when everywhere felt like life. flowers of almost every kind illuminating the area.

Nora heads over to what seems to be a walk-in closet and pulls out three gray sleeping bags. We each take one and find a cozy spot on Nora's gigantic yellow and beige round rug that nearly covered her entire room. The TV was right in front of us and we tried to settle in, Nora rushes to the kitchen to get us some snacks and Laura pulls out her phone and starts to play some pop songs while dancing around her room.

Nora soon comes back with crackers, popcorn, pretzels, and chips with a lot of two bottles of soda and some cups. We started the night by watching some show on Netflix laughing and commenting on everything the characters did. Midnight was almost upon us but none of us was ready to even think about turning in for the night.