Chapter 3

Ed pants heavily, as his sprint slows down to a slow jog, walking around the deep forest. "Ugh, where the hell am I?" Ed freezes upon seeing a small cabin not too far from him. 'Maybe it's abandoned?' He wonders, walking up to the small building, and without thinking things through, Ed walks in. The room is empty, messy, and old, "What the hell?" Ed whispers, his eyes scanning the room before flickering towards the master bedroom door. "Hello?" He calls out, knocking gently before opening the door, the room didn't fit in with the rest of the house. It looks new, renovated, the walls are clean and everything is fixed.

In the middle, lay a bed, its sheets fluffy and soft looking. Ed's eyes linger on the bed, a small form shifting on the bed, "Woah... hey, um, excuse me." Ed calls out, walking up to the bed and shaking the person lightly. "Excuse me?" Ed stares at the young female as she sleeps, he gently tucks a hair behind her ear. "Excuse me." He says a little louder, causing the female to stir awake, she stares at him for a few minutes, before quickly pushing herself up.

"Um... hi?" She says, a nervous look flashing her face, "Um... who are you... and why are you in my room." Y/n begins to shiver in fear as Ed begins to freak out. "Please don't freak out! I was lost and well I came in without knocking so... sorry." She giggles at his excuses, her eyes lingering on his figure causing Ed's face to burn up. "Um, why are you staring at me like that?" He asks quirking a brow, "It's just your eyes, they're beautiful." Y/n says, a small smile on her face, Ed's face turns an almost deeper scarlet. "O-oh, uh, Thank you."

...

"So, what's your name anyway?" Ed asks as he situates himself on the couch, Y/n not far away in the kitchen, making tea for the older Elric. "My name is Edward, Edward Elric, but you can just call Ed." He says with a smile, Y/n turns to look at him with a similar smile. "My name is Y/n L/n nice to meet you, Edward." She replies, walking over to him with a cup of freshly made tea. "Thank you." He mumbles to her, taking the cup gently into his hands, before looking around to inspect the house, "If I may ask, why you are living here, isn't this a bit far out?" Ed asks before motioning around with his hands. "Plus, isn't this place a bit run down?" Y/n's eyes quickly dim as she takes her seat in front of him, and she turns her attention back to her hands, "Well, my life was threatened a while back, so for my safety, I was taken here." She rubs her fingers together as she stares at her reflection in her teacup.

"Threatened? By what?" Ed asks, worry flashing his eyes, his grip on his teacup tightening, she turns her head away from him. "I can't really say..." Ed sighs, looking down at the ground, placing his cup on the table in front of him. "Well, I can't effectively help you if you don't tell me." Y/n nods slowly, "I know." She whispers, "However, that doesn't mean I can't help entirely," Y/n's eyes widen as she quickly turns to face Ed. "Listen, I'm a state alchemist, so if your life is being threatened, I could protect you," Ed says with a smile as Y/n looks up at Ed with a small hopeful smile. "Really?" He nods, "I could even ask the military to put you under a protection program."

Y/n's smile quickly deteriorates, throwing her tea to the floor and quickly pushing herself off the recliner "You have access to military items and abilities to walk into government offices right?" She speeds, Ed flinches at her urgency. "Yeah, I mean, that's the whole point of a state alchemist right?" Y/n nods, looking at the floor with a worried expression on her face. "Is something wrong?" Ed asks, pushing himself up and placing a hand on her shoulder, Y/n takes a deep breath. "Maybe... Maybe you can help me."