Chapter 8

"Hugo!" Ezra calls, an annoyed look plastered on his face as he looks around Central City for a mop of curly black hair. However, Central is a large city and everything was bustling and full of life. He groans, seeing a light poll not too far from him causes him to perk up, he stumbles and jumps up, grabbing the edge of it and letting himself hang. "Hugo!" Ezra lets out another annoyed groan. "Where the hell is that boy..."

"Young man." He flinches, before looking down, he sees a man in what seems to be a military officer's uniform. "What are you doing up there? You could get hurt." He lets out another sigh before jumping down, landing carefully in front of the officer. "Sorry, I'm looking for my 10-year-old brother." He replies, raising his hand to around his mid chest area. "He's about this tall, and has the same black hair as me." The officer scratches nods while scratching his beard, looking around the surrounding area.

"Ok, I'll keep an eye out for him, now, if you don't mind me asking, are you from here, or out of town." Ezra shoves his hand in his pocket, pulling out a small white sheet of paper and handing it to the officer. "Out of town, we heard that our sister and brother where here so we came looking for them." The officer takes his ticket and scans it thoroughly before handing it back to him.

"Stay around the area kid, if I see your brother, I'll come get ya." Ezra nods, waving the officer off as he walks away, he lets out a sigh before continuing forward. He stops once in front of Central Command, "State your business." The officers at the gate say, an annoyed look on their faces, Ezra grits his teeth. "I'm Colonel Mustang's younger brother, Ezra." The guards look at him up and down, then at each other, then back to Ezra.

"ID?" He rolls his eyes, and feels around his pockets, "Good grief." He freezes, he expected to his wallet, however, the lack of bulge means one thing, it's missing. Ezra lets out an annoyed groan, that's right, I gave it to Hugo to buy food on the train...' He lets out a low growl before looking back up at the officers, "Left it with my little brother." He mumbles, the guards snicker and shake their heads.

"With no identification to prove that you are the Colonel's brother we can't let you in." Ezra growls at them before walking off, 'Where could that damn idiot have gone to this time...' His fists clenching and unclenching as he imagines chopping off those guards heads. "Calm, calm, calm..." Ezra takes a deep breath before he fully calms down, he stops and inspects hs surrounding land.

"Young man!" He flinches at the sudden voice from behind, he turns around and sees that old Officer dude who talked him off the light pole. Hugo running up ahead of him, Ezra let out a heavy sigh of relief and opens his arms, Hugo running right into them. "Jesus Hugo, you had me so worried." Hugo simply giggles, Ezra glares at him, pulling away. The younger Mustang flashes his brother a confused look as he lifts his foot and sharply bringing it down to cause reckoning on the smaller one's head. His heel digging into his skull, "Owie!!!" Hugo screeches, wrapping his arms around his head to protect it from any more damage. The older Mustang simply turns to the officer who looks horrified at the older one's actions. "Thanks for helping me find my brother."

"N-no worries son, now, I must get back to work, it was nice meeting you." He tips his hat to them before turning around and walking away, Ezra flashes a glare at the younger of the party, holding out his hand. "My wallet." Hugo huffs digging his hand in his pocket and pulling out his elder brother's wallet and placing it in his hand. "Thanks, now come." He says, walking back to Central Command.