Chapter 9

Name: Ezra Mustang

DoB: August 14th, 1899

Sex: Male

The officer's stare at the ID before looking back at the two boys in front of them, one looking like the sweetest angel ever, the other looking like the smuggest person in the world. They exchange looks with each other before handing Ezra back his ID and stepping aside. "Come on in." Ezra's chest puffs in pride, grabbing Hugo's hand and heading in, the duo walking up to the front desk, Hugo hiding behind his brothers.

"How may I help you?" The lady says with a smile. "I was hoping if we could see Colonel Mustang, I'm his younger brother, and there's something we need to discuss." The secretary shakes her head, a small frown on her face. "I'm afraid you just missed him, he left a little bit ago to discuss some issues with a different family relative." She pushes herself up motions for the boys to follow. "Until he gets back, why don't you wait here." She leads them to a small open space in the middle of the Command Center. Ezra nods, letting go of Hugo's hand who immediately runs off and begins playing in the open area.

"Thank you," Ezra says, the lady simply smiles. "No problem!"

...

Selim skips happily next to his mother, his eyes closed and his smile bright, their bodyguards behind them as they walk towards his 'fathers' office. "Oh- Selim!" Selim opens his eyes but quickly shuts them again once he makes contact with a stiff surface, just as he begins falling he's caught. A sudden wave of relaxation fills his stone, he looks up and sees a boy, with black hair, who looked to be around 13-14.

"Hey, you a 'right?" He asks Selim, pulling him up to his feet, the young Bradley nods but it quickly dissipates as the guards point their guns at the young man's head. "Get your hands off of Mr. Bradley." Mrs. Bradley lets out a scared scream and Selim quickly brushes off the guards. "No! No! It's fine! I wasn't watching where I was going!" Selim defends, a nervous smile on his face, another young boy runs over, wrapping his arms around the older one's waist from behind. As the guards lower their guns and mutter apologies Selim glares at the young boy, who looked around his 'age'.

"And yes I'm fine, thank you for catching me." Selim smiles up at the male, "I'm so sorry if we scared you, darling." Mrs. Bradley says with a smile, the older boy simply chuckles, before petting Silems head with a small smile. "It's fine, didn't scare me too much." The male pats the younger boy's hands, who then let go before scampering off again. Selim glaring at the boys retreating figure, "Names Ezra, you?" Selim snaps out of his trance, looking at the teen in front of him, "Huh?" He rolls his eyes and chuckles, "My name." Selim smiles brightly, Mrs. Bradley watching with joyful eyes as the two boys interact, "Oh, my names Selim!" He nods in acknowledgment. "Nice to meet you, Selim."

Mrs. Bradley interrupts, for once Selim was a bit angry at his step-mother. "Oh Ezra, how old are you?" Ezra rubs his neck, "I'm 15." Mrs. Bradley nods, "Do you have a house phone, you see, I've been looking for a baby sitter for Selim, and I've never seen him get along with a person so well upon first meeting." She gushes, Selim's face burns up, 'W-whats going on-.' The souls in his stone answer, for once they aren't angry, they're giving him answers, it's like they're helping. "M-mommy!" The small homunculus calls, Ezra simply chuckles and pets the shorter boys head, the souls in his stones shut up at that touch, happy with the boy's physical contact. "I don't but if you really want me to be his babysitter you can call Colonel Mustang, I'm his younger brother you see." Selim's eyes narrow at his statement.

"Oh I see, no wonder you boys look ..." Pride begins to drown out their conversation, 'So he's another Mustang, first that girl and now him. I should tell father about this...' He looks at his shaking hand, the soul in his stone screaming at him to not tell father. 'I have too...'

'But you love him!' The voice of a little girl calls out, Pride flinches at her words, Ezra looks down at the shivering Selim. "Selim!" Mrs. Bradley calls out, rushing to his side, "Are you, alright baby?" Pride snaps out of his trance before looking at his mom and smiling. "Yeah... I'm just cold." Ezra watches the interaction before slipping off his back jacket and wrapping it around Selim's shoulders. "Here, keep it." He says with a smile, Prides stone warming at the very sight of it, his face flushing as well. "Oh thank you, Ezra." Mrs. Bradley says, pushing herself up as Pride smells the coat. Its scent is calming the souls in his stone, 'I can't love him, he's human.' The souls respond, each one listing every reason as to his symptoms. Pride purses his lips before looking back up to Ezra, who looks away from Mrs. Bradley to flash him a smile. Pride face feels warmer and the souls start cheering in happiness.

'Fine... I won't tell father.'