Imagine... He Meets Your Parents

*Some context. You are dating in this one and he's in America meeting your family. Also, I know a lot of people aren't from America so I'm sorry if it's not exact for some of my readers. I'm just more familiar with that country.*

Jamie and I walked down the sidewalk of my quiet little town. There was a section of the town that had shops, cafes, and a couple of places to eat. One of the places happened to be where Jamie and I were meeting my parents for dinner.

As much as he didn't want me to notice, I could tell Jamie was nervous like I was when I first met his family at his home. He wasn't making any sarcastic comments or really making any noise for that matter. I could tell he was lost in his own thoughts, which was something I normally did and he didn't.

"It'll go fine hun don't worry about it," I said while taking his hand.

"Hmm... what are you talking about?" He replied, snapping out of his thoughts.

"I can tell your deep in your own thoughts."

"That's not true. I'm just... taking in the scenery."

"Mhmm sure."

"You don't believe me?"

"Nope, not at all."

"Okay fine I'm a little nervous that's all," he said caving.

"It'll go great. They're very excited to meet you," I said, reassuring him.

"But what if they don't like me?"

"Jamie, there are thousands of people around the world who love you. I promise you my parents won't hate you."

"But that's different. The random people around the world don't know the real me, they just know what they see on camera. Your parents are going to see just normal me."

"And that's the you that I fell for so I'm glad they get to see that side of you."

Right as I had said that, we arrived at the restaurant. It wasn't a huge place but it wasn't small either. My family often came here when we wanted to get out of the house and go out to eat as a family. We enjoyed it because it was never too busy and the service was always great.

Jamie opened the door and I walked in while he followed behind me. My parents had texted me earlier saying they had already made reservations and they would be there before us. I looked around the dining room and spotted them at a table toward the back of the room.

They noticed I was looking for them and waved for us to come over. They both had happy smiling faces to welcome myself and Jamie.

"Hey, guys!" My mom said happily. She stood up from her seat and pulled me into a hug. She pulled away and smiled and tilted her head toward Jamie.

"He's a looker," she whispered to me and smirked.

"Mom!" I whispered back to her.

She turned away from me and faced Jamie.

"Hello, I'm Y/n's mom. You can call me Julie," she spoke to him.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Julie," he replied, holding out his hand for her to shake.

"Oh don't do that," she said while she pulled him into a hug. He didn't know how to react at first but he soon embraced her as well. They pulled away and my mom looked over at my dad who was waiting for my mom to finish greeting us.

"Hey honey," my dad said as he gave me a quick hug.

"Hey dad," I said while I hugged him back.

He pulled away and looked over at Jamie.