Imagine... He Accidentally Bumps Into You

*Some context. You do not know each other at all in this one.*

Today, Bailey and I were heading to the Avatar set so I could watch her act. She had asked beforehand if I could be present during the filming and they were fine with it as long as I didn't take any photos or videos of the set.

I followed behind her as we walked down hallways and around corners. Eventually, we walked down this hallway and made it to a huge room. Spread around the room were tons of props, black outfits with the characters and actors names, and foam pieces that I assume were supposed to be the animals and scenery.

We made our way around the room and she had me follow her toward the side so she could grab her suit to change into it. I followed behind her as she then walked off toward her dressing room so she could get changed and so the artists could place the dots on her face.

While she was getting ready, I sat in one of the chairs and scrolled through social media to see if there was anything new going on. There were a few things about Selena and Hailey and a few news articles but other than that there wasn't anything that interesting.

Once she was dressed, I looked up from my phone and she gave me a warm smile.

"I'm really glad you could be here with me," she said to me.

"I'm glad you invited me. It's going to be amazing seeing everything behind the scenes. Plus, I'm happy to see all of the actors and actresses that you work with in action," I replied.

"Oh yeah, they have no idea you're here. And by they, I mean the other young actors. They're the ones that I talk to the most on set."

"Like who?"

"Well, you'll see Britain, Jack, Trinity, Filip, Duane, and Jamie. We have a ton of scenes to film today so you'll be able to see each of them act individually."

"It's going to be so awkward when you're acting and I'm sitting off to the side watching you."

"Don't worry. I'm sure the cast will make you feel welcome and they may even talk to you while I'm acting."

"I wouldn't say that. They come here to work, not talk to a random stranger."

There was a sudden knock at the door. Bailey made her way over to the door.

"Whatever you say, Y/n," she said as she opened the door.

She opened the door and a guy was standing there with a kit in his hands.

"Ready for your dots, Bailey?" The man asked.

"Of course," she replied with a smile.

Bailey stepped aside and allowed the man to come in with his supplies then she shut the door behind him. She moved across the room and sat down in her chair, which was placed in front of the mirror on the vanity. The man set up his supplies on the vanity and immediately began to paint little dots on Bailey's face.

I sat there for a little bit and watched as he perfectly added each dot around her face. I remember that Bailey explained this to me. She said that they added the dots to their faces so their facial movements could be detected when they turn them into Na'vi.

"Hey, Y/n?" Bailey asked.

"What's up?" I replied.

"I'm so thirsty. Could you go to the vending machine down the hall and grab me something to drink? I'll pay you back for it."

"Of course I can and don't worry about it. It's on me."

I stood up and made my way out of the room, closing the door behind me. I walked down the hallway and around a corner where the vending machine was placed. There was a mix of snacks and drinks in the machine that were fairly cheap. I looked around the machine to see if there would be something she'd be interested in and I finally decided to just get her a normal water bottle.

I put in a couple of dollars and pressed the two buttons and watched as the machine grabbed the water and dropped it down to the opening. I grabbed that water and then put in a couple more dollars and pressed two different buttons to get a bottle of lemonade. I watched again as the lemonade was grabbed and then brought down to the bottom of the machine.

I grabbed the bottle and held both of them in my hands. I pulled out my phone and stared down at it as I made my way back down the hallway back to her room. As I scrolled through the apps on my phone, I heard footsteps quickly coming toward me. Right when I was about to look up, I felt someone bump into me, knocking the bottles and my phone from my hands.

I groaned and bend down to pick up the items.

"I am so sorry," the person who bumped into me said quickly.

"Don't worry about it it's... fine," I stood up and slowed my words when I noticed who was standing in front of me.

"You look familiar," I said, pointing at him. He had brown, somewhat curly hair and blue-green eyes. He was a few inches taller than me and was dressed in a costume similar to Bailey's.

"Oh, I'm Jamie. Jamie Flatters. I play Neteyam in the Avatar movie," he replied. "And you are?"

"I'm Y/n, Bailey's friend."

"I think I've heard her talk about you. What are you doing here?"

"She wanted me to come with her today and watch her act in person. The directors and cast said they were cool with it so it's no trouble."

"Oh yeah no I wasn't complaining about it. Just curious."

It was silent for a moment since neither of us knew what to say. I looked down at my hands and remembered why I was in the hallway to begin with.

"Well, it was nice talking with you but I need to get back to Bailey. She sent me to get her something to drink while the dot man did her face," I said to him.

"Alright, well I hope to see you later. I have a few scenes I need to act out today so you'll see me in action as well," he replied.

"Can't wait. See you then."

And with that, we both walked in opposite directions. I turned around for a split second to look at him and noticed that he was doing the same. We both snapped our heads back to the front and continued on our way.

I made my way back to Bailey's room and opened the door, closing it behind me.

"What took you so long?" She asked, confused.

"You'll never guess who I just met."