two

half way through riley's shift, rafe showed up to surprise her

half way through riley's shift, rafe showed up to surprise her. he sat at the bar and talked with her when she wasn't busy tending to customers, rafe had a coldness to him but with riley he was sweet and really opened up.

mid conversation, rafe's friend and sarah's boyfriend topper inserted himself "yo can i get a mai tai" topper sounded snippy, as if he was pissed off or something.

"you good man?" rafe asked "you seem a little tense"

"fuckin sarah man!" topper sat down at the bar "wheezie told me that she's been hanging around john b... you're so lucky that you don't have a girlfriend man"

riley minded her own business as she made toppers drink... and by minded her own business i mean she eavesdropped as topper talked shit about her brother.

"fuck john b, that kids a loser" topper shook his head "kelce was telling me that he overheard jj and pope saying something about how you're fucking john b's little sister?! good on you man i heard she's a slut"

rafe cleared his throat "well uh... she's not" he shook his head and took a sip from his drink "top, you know riley right?"

riley slid toppers drink over to him "riley routeledge" she corrected.

topper turned bright red "fuck dude i'm so sorry! i never learned your last name and i just assumed that you were a kook because you were sarah's friend" he said frantically.

"right" riley rolled her eyes "no hard feelings... we all hear shit... i mean i heard that you have a tiny dick so" she shrugged "oh that'll b 5.75" she looked down at toppers drink and smiled sarcastically.

topper was clearly embarrassed and mortified as he handed riley the money, rafe was trying hard but not succeeding at hiding the massive smile on his face.

after work riley and rafe went back to the cameron residence, they hung out and watched a movie. riley passed out for a bit but was suddenly awoken when rafe put a blanket over her "shit what time is it?" riley asked sitting up in bed.

rafe looked down at his warch "uhhh 12:57" he shrugged "you can spend the night if you want"

"can't i promised jj that i'd chill with him and our friends tonight" riley threw on her hoodie and grabbed her phone off of the side table "could you give me a ride home?"

"sure" he nodded "what's the deal with you and jj? you guys seem close"

"we are" she nodded "he's my best friend, i've just kinda known him forever i guess"

"ah okay... just wondering" rafe ran a hand through his hair, seeming as if he had more to say "ready to go now?" he asked.

riley nodded following him downstairs, she thanked his parents for having her then went out to rafe's truck.

once they arrived at the chateau riley kissed rafe goodbye "i'll text you tomorrow" she smiled.

"tomorrow?" he asked, confused as to why he wouldn't be hearing from her for the rest of the night.

"knowing jj he's already got shots lined up for me ready to catch up" she laughed slightly "im gonna be tapped out in 30 minutes"

"makes sense" rafe nodded kissing her once more before she climbed out of his truck and headed to her backyard.

when she got out back she saw her friends gathered around the fire, cans surrounding them. "guys look out! the kooks here" jj teased.

riley sad in a lawn chair next to jj and punched him in the shoulder "don't call me that" she warned "beer me"

"ouch" jj whined before reaching into the cooler and grabbing a drink for riley.

"well... i'm tapped out" john b declared standing up from his chair "jj you get the couch, pope; air mattress in my room, kie; you can crash in my dads room. cool?"

"cool" kie, pope, and jj said in unison.

"you guys are all going to bed already? that's so lame i just got here" riley groaned.

"that's what happens when you spend your night running around with a kook all night instead of hanging with your friends" john b mocked "also you're way passed curfew"

"john b we don't have a curfew... dads not here" riley pointed out "besides... i hear you dipping out 'passed curfew' all the time and i know who you've been hanging out with"

john b turned pale as a ghost "okay point taken, ry we can talk about this tomorrow... alone" he looked over at kie who was barely awake.

"what's she talking about?" kie asked, now becoming more alert.

"nothing! she's crazy" john b lied "i'm going to bed"

"crazy works but i prefer delusional" jj chimed in, quoting himself from earlier that day.

pope, john b, and kie went into the house "you not going in with them?" riley asked "figured you'd be tapped out too"

"have you met me" jj scoffed "i don't get tapped out"

"if you say so" riley laughed "the mosquitoes are bad tonight, wanna go hang in my room?"

jj nodded, stood up and reached out his hand to riley. riley took his hand and jj pulled her out of her seat. jj carried her into the house on his back and the two hung out in her bedroom and continued
drinking while their friends slept in the other room.

👤: rileyrouteledge liked by kiecarrera and 42 others jjmaybank: maybe she's not a kook after all

👤: rileyrouteledge
liked by kiecarrera and 42 others
jjmaybank: maybe she's not a kook after all

rileyrouteledge: that's what i thought

kiecarrera: wtf do u guys do when we go to sleep

popehayward: u guys are so weird

johnb_routeledge: i can't believe i'm related to her

—————-
authors notes: hey! hope ur enjoying so far:) working on making longer chapters so it doesn't take a couple seconds to read through one chap lol.