five

"i don't get why you guys needed me to fix the boat" riley questioned "why couldn't jj do it?".

"you're always helping jay fix his bike" pope shrugged "you're better at this stuff than me and john b"

riley climbed off of pope's boat onto john b's, john b and jj quickly jumped overboard and swam to pope's boat. she heard noises coming from the upper room in the boat and under the deck.

she opened both doors revealing sarah and kie trapped in both rooms "fuck no" riley shook her head "you can't just leave us here".

"there's food in the cooler and stuff for riley to roll you guys a blunt" jj informed "you guys will be fine".

"i'm actually gonna kill them" kie rolled her eyes.
"i'm swimming to safety" sarah declared before diving off of the boat.

riley rolled her eyes at sarah, she knew she wouldn't be able to swim that far. suddenly sarah screamed "i got stung by a jellyfish!" she panicked.

once climbing back aboard and admitting defeat she turned to riley "is there a first aid kit or something?" sarah asked.

riley laughed "in john b's boat? yeah okay" she scoffed "this is the only medicine you need" she smirked holding up the weed and papers jj had left them.

the three smoked the blunt together "so you and my brother huh?" sarah asked.
"so you and mine?" riley retorted.

"that was a really shitty thing you did you know?" sarah shook her head "i mean sleeping with my brother is one thing but lying about it is another"

"yeah well we're not friends anymore so what does it matter" riley hit the blunt "besides, you're dating john b now so i'd say we're even"

"we're not even" sarah scoffed "you were my best friend ry"

"i really like him" riley blurted out "but you'll be happy to know that shits complicated"

"complicated how?" kie chimed in "you were with him last night"

"well now you have to tell us" sarah smiled "maybe if this is good enough gossip i might forgive you"

riley looked to sarah and kie "you have to swear to secrecy... i know you guys are mad at me but-"

"yeah ok fine we won't say a word!" sarah interrupted "right kie?"

kie nodded and pretended to zip her lips.

"jay kissed me" riley covered her eyes with her palms and concealed her smile.

both kie and sarah smiled "oh my god WHAT?" kie laughed. "you've been trying it with him forever!" sarah said excitedly.

"okay what happened!" kie encouraged.

"he was all pissy that i dipped on you guys in the marsh to chill with rafe and that i didn't come home till late the other night so he came into my room all 'what are you doing ry?!" riley imitated in her best jj voice.

"do not tell me he did it when he went to rip on you! he looked like he wanted you dead! what's wrong with him?" kie covered her mouth in shock.

"he goes 'he's not good enough for you' and i was all 'ok then who is' and he goes 'no one' and then buddy just kissed me" riley reminisced.

"ew!" sarah laughed out loud "that sounds like something from a fan fic!"

"stop!" riley smiled embarrassedly "it was cute at the time but now i'm like what do i do because i like rafe too, i've been trying for so long with jj that now that he's interested i'm just not into it like i thought i'd be"

"he's also been acting like super jealous lately which is not a good look for him" kie added.

"honestly... walk him like a dog girl" sarah agreed "im not saying close the door completely but don't give up what you and rafe have just because suddenly jj is interested"

"that's really mature of you sar" riley smiled "does that mean you're ok with me and rafe?"

"i don't love it" sarah began "but john b told me that you were really supportive of me and him so i'll learn to be ok with it... besides i really miss you... and you kie".

the three girls smiled at one another and sarah initiated a hug between them, kie wasn't immediately thrilled about the affection but she eventually gave in and forgave sarah and riley.

...

👤: kiecarrera, sarahcameronliked by jjmaybank and 102 othersrileyrouteledge: the boys stranded us🙄

liked by jjmaybank and 102 others
rileyrouteledge: the boys stranded us🙄

kiecarrera: we're gonna get them back

jjmaybank: i didn't know i'm sorry!
popehayward: it was all his idea

johnb_routledge: but u guys love each other again! so ur welcome
sarahcameron: no we don't
rileyrouteledge: gross sarah and kie
kiecarrera: we can't stand each other

—————
authors notes: yay the girls are back together again!!!