nineteen

"ry come out here for a sec!" john b yelled from outside of the chateau "i wanna show you something"

riley came outside and saw john b, pope, jj, and rafe sitting on the hood of a car, it was clearly old and used but it was cool "new wheels popey?" riley asked.

"something like that" pope smiled.
rafe tossed riley a set of keys, she caught them and looked down at the only keychain on the set. it was a friendship bracelet tied to a key ring that read 'riley'.

"we got kie to make the keychain with your favourite colours" john b smiled "what do you think?"

"you fucking with me right now?" riley asked "if you are that's so mean"

"you need wheels for work... your own wheels. we all pitched in" jj declared "well... mostly rafe"

"it was nothing" rafe said bashfully "wanna take er for a spin?"

riley smiled widely and group hugged her friends "thank you so much" she cried.

"rafe, why don't you go for the first ride with her" jj suggested causing a stern look from riley "uh... cause you pitched the most"

"sure" he nodded "let's go ry"

the two drove in silence for a moment, riley knew that jj had given an opportunity to confess her feelings for rafe and she didn't want to ruin this chance.

she calculated her next move before finally gaining the confidence "rafe i need to tell you-"

rafe's phone rang "shit sorry one second" he said answering his phone "hey bella.... saturday night? yeah that works" he smiled into his phone "yeah i'm looking forward to it too, see you then" rafe hung up his phone.

"who's bella?" riley asked.

"i met her at the club, she wants to have dinner this saturday" he explained "sorry if that's weird to tell you"

"it's not weird" riley lied "so she's a member of the club?"

"yeah her family just moved here" he explained "she's my age taking online college courses"

riley's stomach dropped. so she's rich, smart, and his age. riley always felt self conscious that she was in highschool and rafe was graduated, she always feared that he'd leave her for someone more mature.
it didn't help that jj continuously called her immature, even if he didn't mean it.

"that's great" riley felt herself fighting back tears "i'm really happy for you"

"so what we're you saying?" rafe asked "before bella called me"

"um... thank you again for the car" she smiled "it means so much"

 thank you again for the car" she smiled "it means so much"