ten

there were quiet knocks on riley's door before it creaked open "hey, how ya feeling?" sarah asked softly "i brought you some tea" she placed the mug on riley's side table before sitting on her bed.

"how mad is john b?" riley asked.

"he's not speaking to jj right now... he's also kinda pissed at me for telling him that it's not a big deal" sarah explained.

"fuck i'm sorry" riley groaned covering her face with a pillow "i need to talk to rafe"

"maybe just give him some time" sarah suggested "he seemed pretty upset when he left"

"that doesn't make me feel better sar" riley rubbed her eyes "jj kissed me, i didn't know what to do"

"yeah but you kissed him back and that's what rafe saw" sarah explained "rafe doesn't date so he was putting a lot of trust in you... let's stop talking about this... how about we hit the beach?"

 how about we hit the beach?"

"shit... don't look now but rafe is here" sarah sighed.

"what??" riley immediately looked "oh shit toppers here too, we're both in trouble".

"don't go talk to rafe" sarah warned "it'll just make shit worse"

"alright i won't" riley nodded "i just feel guilty".

a few minutes later, riley and rafe locked eyes. rafe began to walk over across the beach "hey ry" he said weakly "can we talk?".

riley looked at sarah then back at rafe "uh sure" she nodded standing up and following rafe down the beach. riley looked back and saw topper talking to sarah... shit.

"i've been thinking a lot about last night" rafe began "i've never felt the way i feel about you for anyone".

"rafe i'm so sorry-"

"let me finish... i never said it but i fell in love with you" he explained "seeing you and jj confirmed all of the suspicions i had about you and him and i don't think i'll be able to trust you again... but i still want to be your friend"

riley opened her mouth to argue, to beg for him back... she couldn't "yeah that sounds good" she nodded knowing that she had no place to try to convince him to take her back.

if things were simple, riley could just go off and be with jj but she knew that it wouldn't feel right. she couldn't be with jj knowing that their relationship began with hurting someone who loved her, she needed to be alone and to focus on herself.

john b👯

john b👯
i wanna talk to u when u get home

riley🐬
i'm not in the mood to get yelled at

john b👯
i won't yell
i just wanna talk

riley🐬
if u yell at me i'm gonna cry.

john b👯
no one wants to deal with that

———————
authors notes: guys i'm so conflicted who should riley end up with rafe or jj???? pls help me