twelve

a few weeks had passed, riley had been doing well on her own. she made up with jj and managed to maintain a healthy friendship with rafe.

she was hanging around the bar at the country club after her shift, i'd she waited out her boss leaving she'd be able to get drinks from her coworker 'eric' since he never carded her.

riley changed out of her work clothes and into a pair of shorts and a tank top before sitting at the bar, she sipped on a fruity drink that eric had concocted for her.

"excuse me" an unfamiliar male voice spoke "is it ok if i sit here?"

"go right ahead" riley nodded looking up to reveal the handsome teenager that stood before her, he looked around her age; maybe slightly older like rafe's age.

"thanks" he smiled sitting down and looking up to eric "can i grab a rum and coke please".

"can i see some identification" eric asked even though he only carded when the boss was around.
"uhhhh" the polite boy stuttered.

"eric don't be a dick, get the kid a drink" riley said sternly to her coworker. eric obeyed and served the stranger beside her.

"thanks" the teen smiled "i'm noah" he said stretching his hand out for a handshake.

"riley" she responded dapping noah up.

"why don't you let me buy your drink?" he offered "least i could do".

"i'll never turn down a free drink" she smiled.

the two talked for a while and really hit it off, riley forgot all about jj and rafe and her 'time to herself'.

"you think i could grab your number?" he asked "you seem really down to earth".

"sure... but i'm not really looking to date right now" riley explained, handing noah her phone.

"i bet i could change that" he smirked, typing his name into her phone.

riley had managed to get jj a job at the country club, bussing tables. he walked out of the back and began picking up dirty dishes before nodding to riley.

noah made a sour face "god i fuckin hate that they employ pogues here" he scowled "i mean i get that they need jobs but they shouldn't be let into the club".

riley's stomach dropped, she meets a nice attractive guy but he turns out to be a douche who hates exactly what she is?! but he didn't know what she was so was the situation that bad?

after one more drink noah stood up "i gotta head out but i'll call you" he winked "really nice meeting you".

riley said goodbye and watched as he left, a few minutes later jj approached her "who was that guy?" he asked.

"uh no one" she shrugged "he just bought me a drink".

"huh... weird" he nodded "anyways i'm about to get off, just gotta go clock out and then i can give you a ride if you want" jj offered.

"on the bike?" riley smiled waiting for jj to nod "can i drive?".

jj thought for a split second, if it were anyone else he would have said no but he knew he could never turn down riley "yeah you can drive" he smirked.

👤: jjmaybank

liked by rafecameron and 125 others rileyrouteledge: jj let me drive us home and we didn't crash!!!

rileyrouteledge: jj let me drive us home and we didn't crash!!!

jjmaybank: surprisingly

rafecameron: i'm shocked! ur a walking hazard

johnb_routeledge: u scare me

popehayward: i trust u to drive more than jj

sarahcameron: atta girl!!!

kiecarrera: how tf did he position himself like that??? lmao