four

the pogues were on the boat, on their way to the wreck. as they got closer to the main part of town they saw rafe's boat passing. he slowed down beside them "hey ry" he smiled.

"hey" she waved "what's up?" she asked ignoring the groaning and eye rolls from the pogues in the boat.

"gonna go grab a beer" rafe informed "you wanna come?" he asked, knowing that it would piss off her friends.

"uhhh" riley looked to her friends "you guys don't mind if i dip right?" she mumbled, everyone shrugged. "yeah i'm down" she nodded "john b pull up closer.

"riley... really?" jj scoffed "common we're hanging out"

"there's enough of me to go around jay" she laughed "relax i'll be back later, you'll survive without me for a couple hours"

john b pulled up beside rafe's boat, jj held riley's hand to help her into rafe's. "don't be out too late" john b said seriously.

"yes mom" riley smiled as she settled into rafe's boat.
as the pogues drove off towards the wreck, riley could see jj staring at her; he looked pissed.

later that night, rafe dropped riley back off at the chateau after spending the evening together; this was becoming somewhat of a routine for them

riley walked into the chatea where her friends were sitting and laughing together, as riley entered jj (who had been smiling and talking) got quiet and deadpanned.

"woah... super weird energy" riley laughed "you guys don't have to be quiet just because i'm here"

john b cleared his throat, sensing there was some tension "uh... did you have fun?" he asked.

"yeah i did" riley smiled at her brother "thanks for asking. i brought you guys dinner" riley placed the box of pizza on the table and walked towards her room "i'm just gonna go change".

riley went into her room and shut the door behind her, john b turned to jj "dude... what?" he asked "you look like you're gonna strangle her"

"it's nothing... i just think it's shitty that she keeps ditching us for that kook" jj groaned "i mean how well does she know this guy"

"dude chill, she's having fun just let her make her own decisions" kie suggested "i mean john b is even being chill"

"don't get me wrong, i don't like my little sister going out with a kook but i'm not her parent" john b shrugged "rafe is a dick sure, but i love riley and she seems happy"

"nah... i don't buy it" jj shook his head "fuck this, i'm talking to her" jj stood up abruptly and stormed towards riley's room.

"leave it alone dude!" pope called out to jj "you and i both know not to piss her off".

jj didn't listen, he swung her door open "dude! you're lucky i finished getting dressed" riley yelled.

jj closed the door behind him "what are you doing?" he ambushed her.

"um... im texting rafe" riley stated, not realizing that jj was pissed "what are you doing jj?"

"that's not what i mean" he grew angrier "i mean what are you doing ditching us for a kook"

"im seeing him jj" riley scoffed "im allowed to spread my time out equally between you guys"

"rafe's a dick" jj rolled his eyes "you're way too good for him ry".

"you don't even know him! he's good to me jay" she raised her voice "if he's not good enough for me then who is?" she asked.

"no one" he mumbled, stepping towards her.
before she could respond, he kissed her.
riley kissed him back but realized that her brother was on the other side of the door with their other friends and that this may go further but it couldn't, she took a step back and cleared her throat.

"ok then...good talk" she began to walk to the door.
"yup" he nodded nervously following behind him.

when they came out of riley's room, kie looked pissed "you're dating sarah cameron?!" kie yelled at john b.

"kie just calm down, she's changed!" john b defended.

jj leaned over to riley "i already knew" he tried to brag.

"he told me first" she smiled knowing that she had one upped him. "riley! are you ok with this?!" kie huffed.

"i mean... i don't love it but it's none of my business" riley shrugged "plus i slept with her brother first so".

"i actually can't believe you guys!" kie spat "riley i thought you'd have my back... i'm outta here" kie stormed out of the chateau.