Chapter 3 eBay Vector?

Word count: 855

1st POV

After my ride on the subway I started walking towards the JFU building.

"I wonder how long I can sleep when I get there?"

A few minutes later I approached the building and saw two figures standing in front. One had a hair color similar to mine, but with a shorter cut, his school uniform a navy jacket, a white shirt, a blue with white striped tie, and gray pants. The other has white hair. Wearing a brown coat over a white training jacket, and black pants.

I didn't feel like socializing yet because it's way too early. So I avoided the two and walked into the building.

"This better be the right door..." I murmured

Opening the door I was met with thousands of stares. Well not thousands but it felt like that. Walking further into the room I attempted to walk to the coner. After a couple minutes I made my way there. With a sigh I leaned on the wall to text my sister. As I started typing the lights went off.

"Congrats, you unpolished lumps of talent."

I ignored the statement and continued to type then pushed off the wall to a standing position and put my phone away to listen. A stage light appeared on the man.

'Who let ebay's despicable me vector on stage?' I thought

He continued to talk as I focused back in.

"My name is Jinpachi Ego. I was hired to give Japan a world cup victory."

People started to whisper asking if they knew him, nobody did.

"I'll say this plainly. Only one thing is necessary for Japanese soccer to become the best in the world: The birth of a revolutionary striker. You will be my 300 subjects... In an experiment aimed at creating the world's best striker."

'What facility is going to be able to hold 300 people? How long is he planning on keeping us here?'

"Behold the facility built to conduct that experiment..."

Suddenly a blue Pentagon looking shape appeared on screen.

"Blue lock."

'Roll credits'

"The last remaining person... will become the world's best striker that concludes my explanation. Thank you."

The room went silent with mummers of doubts until snow hair spoke.

"Umm! Excuse me! I can't consent to your explanation. Each of us have our own percious teams. And some of us are preparing for nationals. Running off to some place that makes no sense... I can't abandon my team to participate in that."

The room filled with complains about their teams and nationals.

'Why go back to your teams if you have a chance at becoming the world's best striker? Sounds like a waste of talent if you ask me. Oh well... that means less people getting in my way.'

I focus again as Ego continues speaking.

"If you want to leave I won't stop you. Your teams are precious? Instead of becoming the world's best... you'd rather be the best high schooler in our country's soccer backwater? Huh?"

"I get depressed when I think about people like you carrying the future of Japanese soccer"

By this point I started to get tired

'I don't know how long I've been standing but I'm leaning back some more.'

I retreated back at the wall put my earbuds in and closed my eyes...

I opened my eyes again to see Ego talking about the world cup.

"Imagine... You're at the last match if the world cup..."

I leaned off the wall and put my earbuds away to listen.

"Eighty thousand spectators... you're on that field. The score is 0-0 the game has gone into overtime... The last play... You've broken through and received a pass from your teammate... It's a one-on-one showdown with the goalkeeper... there's a teammate twenty feet to your right. If you pass you can almost certainly get a point... But you gamble your nation's hopes... And the assurance of victory...

"To shoot without hesitation"

'To shoot without hesitation' I thought

I was planning on joining before but now I really am convinced sign me up.

"Sorts of crazy egotists. May proceed ahead."

"Rejoice in your own goals over all else and live for nothing else. That's... What it means to be a striker."

After those words were said that blue haired kid from earlier started running and so did everyone else.

'I'm going to wait until there is less people running out the door'

After most people left the room there were three people left. I looked left to see a purple haired boy talking to another snow haired boy.

"Let's get going Nagi!" The purple one shouted

"Reo... Carry me there walking is such a hassle..." The snow one said now known as Nagi.

'They seem really familiar... Oh well...'

I started to leave the room as well until I saw a charcoal haired boy with teal eyes. He seemed to be in his own world so I left him alone and went out the door...

A/N: I apologize for my absence. I had multiple tests these past few weeks I'll attempt to post more often.