Chapter 7 team X vs team Z

TW: swearing

Word count 1.4k words

1st POV

After Ego's inspiring speech we all gathered in the locker room to get changed and discuss plans. Through a game of rock paper scissors Isagi won the title of being center forward, otherwise known as the striker. I was currently messing with Chigiris hair, who didn't seem to mind, but I told before if it bothers him to shove me off, he never has though. I was about to close my eyes again until kuon started to speak.

"Okay everyone! The members of team X are ranks 243 - 253. Seeing as we don't have time to make a more detailed strategy let's focus our strategy around him!"

Our strategy was a 4-4-2 obviously focused on Isagi up top, then Bachria a little off to the side next to him. Me and Gagamaru were the wing players. Him on left wing while I was on the right. Raichi and Kunigami were the two midfielders. Our defense was Kuon on the left side, Naruhaya and Igaguri in the middle. Then lastly Chigiri on the right side.

"Gimme a break can we really win with Isagi in this formation"

'Could we really win in that formation with you Igaguri as forward?'

I rolled my eyes.

"No sulking Igaguri we played rock paper scissors because everyone wanted to be forward" Kunigami said While side eyeing him

'I understand where he's coming from. But what we need from this team is someone who will make an impact. So they will revolve around that one in order to create more shooting opportunities. If that doesn't happen we'll never win.'

Suddenly I heard a voice breaking me out if my thoughts

"We've just gotta win right?" Chigiri spoke

"Yep." I said popping the P

"It's almost time." Kuon spoke

Chigiri then shook me out of my focused state.

"C'mon get up, it's time to go"

We both stood up and headed for the field with the rest of the team. As I walked out I noticed that the roof was open and star's could be seen.

'At least I can see the stars agian, I do wish I had my camera with me to take a picture'

"For the first selection all foul determinations will be made by VAR."

I started to starch my legs a little to think of a plan.

'Observe, analyze, then attack.'

This was what I've been doing since I started soccer, I kept thinking about what Rin meant the other day, untill I felt a tap on my shoulder.

"Oi team X is here"

I looked up to see team X walking into the stadium. The person that stood out to me was their number 10 hedgehog hair in the middle.