Chapter 17 Suspensions

Word count: 622

First typed: July 10

Last edited: June 2

We all went back to our spots the oldest brother making an interesting... Face.

"Heeey!! you're our defense so stop them, you idiots! That's what my big bro says"

'You're a striker so score first you idiots. I sounded like Ego just now...'

The match continued.

"Let's go big bro! We can still win if the two of us break them down!"

The older brother had a sour face this time.

"Hey, bro?! We can't help it if our teammates let a goal through! Stop it Everyone can tell what you're thinking!"

' I can't.'

Kunigami then took the ball and passed through the older brother's legs to Bachira.

I told you, didn't I?! Dang it bro!

Bachira passed to Kuon who got it on the ground then shot from the 18 and made it.

' I find it a little odd that one person was guarding Kuon while two were guarding Bachira. Then when he shot the defender didn't try and stop him and the goalie didn't move. Something isn't right... This match feels too easy.'

Kuon cheered once again

"That's not fair you just got one!" Gagamaru replied.

"I don't know why but I'm on fire today."

The older Wanima brother's face this time looked pissed

'They should make a show based on his faces alone and turn it into a guessing game. That would make for some good entertainment.'

We then switched spots I was now a center back.

"Tweet!"

Gagamaru Raichu and Narahaya all ran at once then Narahaya got grabbed by the back of his jersey by the older Wanima brother.

"Bzzt!! Junichi wanima foul! Team Z free kick!"

'I didn't think he could get more angry guess I was wrong.'

Bachira decided to take the free kick. Bachira passed a high ball to Kuon who made a header into the goal.

"Hat trick!!!" He yelled

The halftime clock rang and we started to walk back to the locker room.

'Ok definitely suspicious I don't mind if he made three goals. But three in a row is a bit much based on Kuon's skill at the moment. Seeing his skill so far the only thing I can think of is some form of cheating. I don't want to believe it, but maybe his real personality starting to show.'

Once we got there everybody praised Kuon and how we had a guaranteed win. After a quick break, we left the locker room in high spirits. Except for two me and Chigiri.

"How can you talk about finding a reason to quit when you're in a place as fiery as this?! Chigiri!" Isagi asked

Chigiri of course didn't reply.

' I hope I'm wrong '

We entered the field then the second half started.

"Tweet!"

Rachi blasted forward while Kuon wanted the ball back to keep the win. Kuon received the ball wrong as the younger Wanima brother got the ball. Isagi tried to stop the ball by trying to fouling them which didn't work.

"Chigiri!" He yelled

Chigiri tried to get the ball then I tried but got past as they got a goal.

"Tweet!"

"Defending was never really my strong suit..." I mumbled

We started again Kuon sent a weak pass back to Isagi which was stolen by the older Wanima brother. Who went past Isagi and scored.

'I've seen him pass before and he never passed that weak. This unfortunately confirms my thoughts that Kuon is betraying us... But why?'

"What are you doing?! Kuon!?" Rachi yelled

Kunigami held Rachi back as Kunigami made a formal apology by having his head hit the ground. Kuon then stood up and smiled but it disappeared as soon as it arrived.

' Betrayed... '