Chapter 16 Team W vs team Z start

TW: swearing

Word count: 984

Picture is mine

-----------------------Around 8pm---------------------------

Team Z sat in the monitoring room while I sat at the edge of the table with my arms folded on the table and my head placed on top of my arms.

"The key players on team W our next opponents are the Wanima brothers," Iemon spoke

' The one on the right looks like his eyebrows could be crocodiles.'

"Their specialty is combination plays

"Their specialty is combination plays. When they won against team X the team led by Barou the two scored four points."

'Must be the twin's connection. Also, where's Kuon? He's been gone awhile.'

"Their closeness and timing of their movements are powerful weapons that can't easily be defended against. So we have to separate them."

As Iemon finished his sentence Raichi also wanted to know where Kuon was

'Looks like I'm not the only one who noticed.'

The room filled with chatter and a few minutes later Kuon emerged from the door his hair down face red with sweat.

"Sorry that took so long!"

"Ah he's alive" Igaguri spoke

"He lives" I replied after

" Sorry, I'm late I was trying to think of a name for tomorrow's strategy...
How's... It... Going here..."

Kuon then walked over to the water cooler and drank some water.

'It can't take that long to think of a name.' 

Kuon started to tell his plan after he finished his water. 

"For this next match, we'll use the strategy we've been practicing that we came up with after looking back on our last match. We barely managed to win with Operation Me Next then Nine."

' Maybe that's because we had to switch every ten and were forced to break formation.'

"... That's why this time we'll change formations three times this gives each group of three thirty minutes whose weapons are compatible. This is our new plan with three sets of three players and its name Operation 3x3 All Stars!!"

'No way you spent that long creating that name. Then again we all lack inspiration at times so I get it.'

The others bullied Kuon about the lame name until Gagamaru told Kuon it was cool. While Iemon wanted to give up on being goalie but stayed because the others didn't want him to leave his spot, especially Raichi. 

"Chigiri are you fine staying on defense?" Isagi asked

"If you have enough time to worry about others then think about how to score more goals you're gonna get left behind if you don't."

Isagi then deadpanned

"Oh... Sorry"

Isagi then turned towards me

"Oh yeah, Yasu you still haven't told us you're weapon yet."

This got the attention of Kuon and almost everyone else in the room

"Oh yeah, are you willing to tell us yet? You'll be partnered with me and Igaguri so we'll need to know what you can do" Kuon asked

"Again I'd rather not say just pass back to me like we did in practice if you need something."

Kuon looked disheartened and a bit angry, which was so short I didn't think I saw it correctly as his personality did a 180.

"We've studied the other team! And we have our plan! Let's win this team Z!"

The room was filled with the sounds of cheers. We left the room and onto the field. I went to my spot on the right wing.

"Tweet!"

"Let's go big bro! When do you want me to pass and what kind? Huh?! Come on!!"

The older brother made a face.

"Gotcha okay! As you wish coming right up!"

'I don't like them already... a new record they should be proud of getting such an achievement.'

"You want me to pass it to your feet like this!! That's what my big bro said!" 

The older brother smiled

"And then our one-two combo! What my big bro said!"

"What's with these guys?! Somebody stop them!!" Igaguri yelled 

The brothers then went through the midfielders and at the defense now.

"Sigh..."

"Our weapon is eye contact!! It's not something a half-assed defense can stop! That's what my big bro says."

' Here's a thought what if we just split them up?'

I snapped out of my thoughts.

"You mean Chigiri the glass prodigy? Hey, bro he's still playing soccer he probably can't get over the Glory days of his past huh?! Yeah, that's right! As a former teammate of yours let me say this... It's over for you as an athlete. That's what my big bro says."

'He played with them? I don't understand how he didn't quit I wouldn't last very long with them. I'd get too annoyed.'

Chigiri turned and started to run in order to stop them but...

"Easy there if you run at full speed like that you'll smash that glass leg of yours again!'

Chigiri then stopped with a panicked look on his face until Isagi then took back the ball.

"What the hell?! That was a foul come on var!! that's what my big bro says!"

'Obviously not a big enough foul or they would have called it.'

"I was prepared for a foul you talking heads. We can't stop you guys if we don't play like this!"

"Well said Isagi," I told him 

"And don't bother listening to these two Chigiri! Who gives a shit about your past?! To me, you're just team Z's Hyoma Chigiri" Isagi said 

Isagi then passed the ball towards me. 

I tapped it with the side of my foot.

"Nice pass"

Two defenders gather in front of me with a third on the way. I pushed the ball towards the right then pulled the ball back towards me towards my left foot. This threw the two defenders off balance. I passed a high ball to Kuon before the third defender reached me.

"Kuon!"

 Kuon jumped up to the ball and scored. Kuon cheered just as Isagi finished talking to Chigiri.