𝟎𝟐 - 𝑪𝒉𝒊𝒍𝒅𝒉𝒐𝒐𝒅 𝒄𝒓𝒖𝒔𝒉

𝑺𝒂𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒅𝒂𝒚, 𝒎𝒂𝒓𝒄𝒉 𝟏𝟗, 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟐

MY MOTHER cries uncontrollably while I try to comfort her. I can't even count on my finger how many times she has cried watching the same scene.

— Mom, I'm here, there's no need to cry for the thousandth time seeing this.

— I'm sorry, it's just that I can't bear to see you die in such a cruel way. — she picks up the box of tissues while I get up to drink a glass of water

Before I stop in front of the mirror to see if my hair is still intact, I was ready to go out with Jude, any moment he would show up at the door. I was wearing a simple black dress and a leather jacket on the outside but very soft on the inside. I straighten my bun and then sit down to put on a pair of boots.

The doorbell rings and I hurry to put them on.

— Mom, can you open the door? Just try not to scare him, please. — I say laughing while she blows her nose.

The door opens revealing the boy in a fancy but not so extravagant outfit, handsome as ever.

— Good evening, Miss Tomei. — he seemed a bit startled by the fact that her eyes were swollen from crying.

— Good evening Jude, you can call me Marisa. I'm fine. — she says making room for him to enter.

I stand up, smoothing my dress with my hands, and give the boy a small smile.

— you weren't exaggerating when you said he was beautiful. — my mother says in my ear a little too loudly passing into the kitchen and soon I notice the boy laughing

— Hi princess.

— Hey Jude. — I approach him, kissing his cheek and giving him a hug.

— Is she really okay? — he asks, making me laugh

— Yes, she is, she was just watching The Hunger Games.

— And you think she's okay? — the boy exclaims making me laugh — honestly I cried every time I watched it.

— And you watched it that often? — he looks at me, rolling his eyes and grabbing my bag from the couch.

— You're too much on display, Tomei, come soon or I'll give up on you.

I leave the house, leaving the door closed because my mother was going to sleep there tonight. He opens the car door so that I can get in and as soon as the door closes I feel my bones freeze with the air that seemed to have been on for hours.

— Are you cold?

— No, it's okay. — so there is an extremely uncomfortable silence

I've never heard silence quite this loud.