𝟎𝟓 - 𝑯𝒆'𝒔 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒎𝒚 𝒃𝒐𝒚𝒇𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒅

𝑻𝒉𝒖𝒓𝒔𝒅𝒂𝒚, 𝑴𝒂𝒓𝒄𝒉 𝟐𝟒, 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟐

SERIOUSLY, he kept picking on me all through practice. —  Jude complained on the phone while I put on my makeup.

— Yeah, he sounds boring. I had a teacher like that in drama class, she kept saying that if I wanted to, I could just ask my mom to teach me what she knows. — I hear some voices in the background as he laughs.

— Sorry, I have to get back to practice. I'll call you later, bye.

— Bye. — I hang up and kiss the camera.

I look at the mirror retouching my lipstick and go downstairs to meet Juliana. We have arranged to go for a walk in a mall. I confess that I needed to go out. I think the last time I went out was when Jude and I went to lunch, the farthest I have gone this week was on the porch at home. I know I told my mom not to be afraid of that woman but I am afraid myself. I don't know what she can do, after dropping off a four year old at a rich people's event and leaving, I don't doubt anything else. And that husband of hers? One of the only things that makes me safe is that she can't get custody of me, or can she? Can she? I don't think so. You know, I urgently need to stop thinking about this.

Juliana was already waiting for me in the car when I arrived, listening to one of her five hundred playlists at maximum volume.

— Good morning flower of the day, ready to leave your cave? — she says as I get in the car and give her a hug — You are in a good mood today, what happened? Were you just talking to your boyfriend?

— He's not my boyfriend, Lia.

— But you're dying for him to be, aren't you?

— Shut up and drive. You're a poet when you're quiet. — The girl laughs and continues on her way to the mall singing

As soon as we arrived some girls came to take pictures, luckily the place was not as crowded as expected so it didn't happen so often. We passed by several stores and bought make-up, books and even some clothes. In one of the stores that we entered they had shirts from some teams and one of these shirts had the number twenty-two on the back, written "Bellingham". I put it in my basket hidden from Juliana, I was already being disturbed too much.

We decided that we would go see a movie, we bought the tickets but there was still an hour to go, so we went to the food court to have a snack. We ordered and went to look for a table where we could talk while we ate.

— So, you didn't tell me much about what happened with Karina, like, for her to just appear out of nowhere, there has to be some reason. Right? — I take a deep breath while eating my fries