𝟏𝟓 - 𝒊'𝒍𝒍 𝒎𝒆𝒕𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒊𝒏 𝒄𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒕

𝑻𝒉𝒖𝒓𝒔𝒅𝒂𝒚, 𝑱𝒖𝒏𝒆 𝟑𝟎𝒕𝒉, 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟐

I WAS STARVING INQUIETY, staring at my own feet that were trembling nonstop. The coffee shop was almost empty, it used to be busier in the afternoon. The windows were fully covered, so from outside no one could see me, but I could see them, just as I could see the two of them approaching the entrance holding hands.

I was startled by the same waiter arriving at my table, by my count this was the third time.

— Are you sure you don't want nothing? You look nervous.

— I'm fine, I don't want anything. I'm just waiting for some people. — I felt my breath go away for a few seconds when the bell on the door was rung — Right there.

The man nodded and walked away. I tried to keep as serious a face as I could, but I just wanted to get up and go. Lock myself in my room and cry like a lost little child. I wasn't ready, and I knew it, but the truth is that I'll never be ready to deal with them, and the longer I wait the worse it will be.

The curly haired woman's smile grew wider with each step she took toward the table, causing me to look away. I just wanted to throw up. It wasn't a cynical smile or anything, but just looking at her face made me feel disgusted. Not counting Eduardo.

— Hi. —  Karina said looking shy

— Hi. — I replied, avoiding to look into her eyes, which made her smile break up

The look on his face was not sadness, maybe anger. It was strange to think that at this very moment I was less than two meters away from the people I am most afraid of. Maybe that's why I chose a place with other people around.

— I don't even know where to begin. — the woman said laughing a little

— Maybe by two thousand and eight. — he said, forcing a smile, finally looking at the two of them.

They looked at each other for a few seconds.

— Look Flora, we're not here to fight, to make a fuss or to go to the police. Much less for you to treat us like this. — Now it was Eduardo's turn to speak

— My bad, my father didn't give me much education. - he laughed in disbelief

— Look at your life, you are rich, live alone, are world famous, have several awards, have a car, all this at the age of eighteen. You should thank both of us, if we hadn't left you there you probably wouldn't have any of this. You can deny it, but you only took advantage of Marisa's fame, and you even took her last name.

My hands were shaking with hatred at every word.

— you are a lawyer, aren't you?

— I was. — she replied, drawing a nasal laugh from me