Prologue

-Feels Like-

-i need you sometimes we'll be alright-

-met you at the right time-

Hagrid had left Harry to go to Madam Malkin's robe shop, claiming that he was too queasy after the trip to Gringotts. Harry walked on the cobblestone path, taking in the environment around him.

He had never thought that there could be another world, completely separate from normal London, or what he now knows is called Muggle London.

The Alley was packed, and many wizards and witches didn't see Harry, continuously bumping into him. He wishes that Hagrid had not left him by himself, for at least when Hagrid was here Harry could ensure that people would stay out of his way.

Harry chuckles to himself. At least now there aren't strangers coming up to him and praising him for his contribution to the wizarding world. Maybe anonymity isn't such a bad thing.

He sees the sign of Madam Malkin's shop in the distance, but before he makes his way to the entrance he passes by a bakery just a few stores ahead.

Automatically, his stomach betrays him and rumbles, signifying his hunger. Harry doesn't remember what he had eaten this morning, if he had even eaten anything at all.

The heavy weight of the Galleons in his pocket convinces him that he deserves his first introduction to wizard cuisine.

Another person bumps into him, jolting him to continue walking. It seems that wizards don't have the patience to meander around like Muggles seem to do.

He sees a few people walk out of the bakery, and the smell of cinnamon and sugar is promising enough that the bakery seems to be a popular spot.

He looks into the window, seeing a plethora of cakes in a display case, clearly showing off the talent of whoever decorated it.

One is a congratulations cake of getting a Hogwarts letter, there are four that each have an assigned color of red, yellow, green and blue, and the rest are variations of fonts and designs that all say "happy birthday."

He looks above the case and sees a girl around his age working at the counter, money box in front of her. She is staring off into the distance, a clear indication that her mind is wandering elsewhere.

He furrows his brows, wondering if It was allowed for a girl so young to have a job. It seems that wizards don't have child labor laws. This whole new world he is beginning to discover is much stranger than he had originally thought.

He stops in front of the door, reading the sign that says Melbourne bakery. He prepares himself for his first interaction with wizards without the assistance of Hagrid.

The bell above the door chimes, alerting his arrival. She is staring out the window when the bell chime startles her into the present before her eyes settle on him. Harry is startled by the brightness of her blue eyes.

He takes in more of her appearance, noting her blonde hair that hangs just above her collarbone and a pretty orange shade of nail polish on her fingers.

"Hello, welcome to Melbourne bakery," she says, smiling politely, "what can I get for you?"

Harry falters, not knowing what desserts wizards could possibly come up with. "I... er..." he stutters out embarrassingly.

She seems to sense his nervousness and saves him from further embarrassment.

"Here, anything in this display case is what we have available unless you want a cake, which you can just tell me what you would like and pick it up at a later time..." she smiles sheepishly. "I'm getting ahead of myself, just look at the display case and I can fetch it for you."