Eight

-Dorothea-

-tired of being known for who you know-

-you know you'll always know me-

It was finally the day of the Yule Ball. Since Moody had told them that they were to be each other's dates, Bria had begun to form a pit of anxiety in her stomach.

She is going to have to get her act together for tonight. The thought of her dancing with Harry the whole night, acting like they're in love makes Bria want to hurl from the pressure of it all.

Also to add onto the fact that she had told Harry she had fancied him, and while he had said that it didn't bother him, she didn't want to make him feel uncomfortable with it either.

And she has a feeling that if she looks at him with adoration in her eyes he will most likely be extremely uncomfortable.

Bria and Padma began packing up their items to be taken to the Gryffindor Tower, because Parvati invited Padma and told Bria to come along with.

Hermione had told her that she was glad that Bria was coming because she always feels like Parvati and Lavander treat her differently because she was not as feminine as them.

And that they're condescending about it. And that they're vain. And shallow. And a lot of other words that Hermione had described to Bria during Ancient Runes.

Bria and Hermione take Ancient Runes together, and the class only had twelve other students, including them. Anthony and Padma were also in the class, but back in third year when they had begun their electives Anthony had beat Bria to the seat beside Padma because he wanted to copy off of her. So Bria had sat to the table next to them where Hermione was.

The girls had grown to a classroom friendship, one of those friendships where you only talk to each other in class but not so much anywhere else. You also only discuss things that are going on in said class, or make small talk.

Since Bria had been roped into being Harry's girlfriend, this friendship had evolved into something more personal. Bria and Hermione found themselves talking about many more things, the topic mostly being Harry.

They talk about Ron occasionally, especially since Hermione and Ron are on strained terms since their fight a few weeks ago.

Bria remembers the conversation clearly. Hermione was very angry that day, her syllables being exaggerated with passion and her quill constantly breaking due to the pressure she had put on it.

"I just don't understand why Ronald thinks that no one would want to go to the Ball with me! Does he really find me that undesirable that I would be waiting hopelessly for him to ask me out?"

"Well, you did say that you were expecting him to ask you," Bria muttered under her breath.

Hermione snapped her head. "I had wanted him to ask me as a friend!"

Bria raised her eyebrows. "Right. Of course. As a friend."

Hermione had huffed but said nothing. Bria remembered thinking that she couldn't believe how obtuse both she and Ron were. And she had asked Harry before what was going on with them, but that boy is so oblivious Bria doesn't think he'll know that Ron and Hermione are in love until their wedding day.

It was just so clear to Bria that Hermione and Ron both feel something for the other, but Hermione is too stubborn and Ron is too thick-headed. It just seemed so obvious to her.

She saw it in Ron when Michael had pretended like he and Hermione were in love, and Ron had a look of fury on his face. She had seen it in Hermione over the years she complains about Ron, this moment being one of the cases of proof.