Thirty Two

-I Know You-

-i'll quiet down if it's what you want-

-i understand i'm not the only one for you-

Everyone wakes up early on Christmas morning to prepare to spend the day at St. Mungo's with Mr. Weasley.

There is a big pot of hot chocolate that Remus made that morning, and every few minutes someone will go in the kitchen to get a refill. Bria had also woken up early that morning to prepare everyone's presents and cinnamon rolls as a Christmas breakfast.

She had made Ron, Hermione, and Harry desserts to their liking, and everyone else had gotten the usual sugar cookies, fresh bread, peppermint bark, and gingerbread cookies. She would've made more if she had time, but she's still recovering from her concussion and was moving much slower than usual.

As she sits in R.A.B's room opening her presents, she only feels slightly disappointed that her family hasn't given her anything. They usually don't have much to spare so Bria will mostly get baked goods that she herself had most likely made the night before, but it's the thought that counts. And this time, there is no present from her parents or from Rye at all.

One by one she unwraps her gifts, receiving a baking cookbook from Ron, who means well but Bria would never dare follow another person's baking recipes other than her own. Hermione had given her a sketchbook and new quills, Fred and George had given her a "world's best baker" apron, and Sirius and Remus had given her a bunch of international chocolates for her to bake with.

She dwindles down to the last two presents, so Bria opts for the one on the right. It's from Harry, who had given her a set of paintbrushes made from unicorn hair and a set of at least fifty acrylic paints made from pigments all over the world. It must've cost a fortune, anything made from unicorn hair is.

Bria's hands begin shaking from the amount of money she is holding her hands, so she very carefully puts the brushes down, afraid to cause any damage to them.

She grabs the last present, unsure of who it's from. The present is fairly big, and Bria realizes why when she unwraps it to find two large canvases. Attached to one of the canvases is a note with only two words: I'm sorry.

It must be from Michael. Bria feels horrible now because she was so mad at Michael and her other friends that she refused to get them presents, and now Michael got dumped by Ginny and he must be missing the two people that he was closest to.

Bria decides that once she gets back from school she is going to make the biggest baked goods basket she can for her friends as a peace offering.

She gets ready for St. Mungo's, dressing in a nicer outfit in the spirit of Christmas. She wears a cherry red knit sweater, a black skirt with black tights to match, and black boots. She puts her hair into two plaits and ties red bows at the end of each braid.

She looks in the mirror and sees how her bruise has healed overnight. The purple has turned an ugly shade of yellow, but her eye appears less swollen and the bump on her cheek has gone down. Bria applies a generous amount of makeup to cover her bruising, not wanting to startle Mr. Weasley or cause any questions in public.

Once she is certain her appearance won't give her any strange looks, she steps out of her room to head downstairs for lunch at the same time that Harry leaves his room.

They both stop in their tracks, eyes wide and studying the other person to get a read on the situation.

"Your hair is different," he says bluntly.

Real or Not Real {Harry Potter}जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें