Forty Seven

-Nobody Likes a Secret-

-i hold my anger in my stomach-

-and i'm starting to have side effects-

Bria knew the minute that she found out her leg had been amputated, Quidditch was out of the question. She knew she couldn't play, and had come to terms with it.

But she didn't realize how hard it was going to be when she saw everyone flying in real time. She had assisted Michael with Ravenclaw tryouts, and tried her best to not let the situation get to her. She felt particularly saddened when she helped Michael pick out her and Roger's replacement, and overly criticized them in her head.

She couldn't help but think how much faster she would be flying across the pitch, or how she would be able to dodge Michael rather than running straight into him like some others had done.

She watched them make simple, predictable moves. It's not their fault for not having as much experience, as Michael, Bria, and Roger had been the consistent Chasers for three years, excluding the Triwizard Tournament.

After Ravenclaw tryouts were done, Bria didn't hesitate twice before leaving immediately, none even bothering to debrief with Michael over the new recruits. Michael, like always, knew what she needed. She needed to be alone.

She sits in the locker room, Michael hastily grabbing his things before leaving, not even bothering to change before he left. He bid farewell to Bria, kissing her on the top of her head before leaving the changing rooms so she could wallow in peace.

It's been about four months since her leg has been amputated, and the more Bria stops and thinks about what she's missing, the more it breaks her inside.

It wasn't even the fact that Bria had to stop playing Quidditch. She had never been as passionate about the sport as Harry, Cedric, or Roger Davies had been. She simply played because she was good at it, just like Rye was.

He had told her how much of an honor it was, and after playing every now and then with Michael before their time at Hogwarts, it wasn't much of a question whether Bria would play or not. She knew she was going to, and when Michael had expressed his interest as well, she had no doubt in her mind that she would play alongside him.

It just so happened to be a perk that Bria would get to play against Harry, a factor that she didn't want to admit in her pre-teen years.

It was a shame that she only got to play against him once in their third year. Fifth year he had been forbidden to play before he even got to go against Bria, and now, they would never get to play against each other at all.

She supposes what she misses most about Quidditch isn't necessarily the game itself, but the connections she had been able to foster.

Her and Michael were an expected packaged duo, but she felt like Quidditch had only made her and Rye closer. They finally had something to bond over, a connection that they shared, and it only made it better when Cedric was thrown into the mix.

And now, she can't play Quidditch. Cedric certainly isn't here anymore to continue playing, and Rye hasn't played since his sixth year.

Rye still hasn't spoken to her since the day that Cedric passed away.

She doesn't know how long she sits in the changing rooms, but when she walks outside the sky has become gray, although no rain to seems to appear.

She begins her trek back to the castle, deciding that she's going to bake some bread to ease her mind, when she notices a group of people coming down to the pitch as well.