Twenty Nine

-That Way-

-there's no way i'll end up being with you-

-but friends don't look at friends that way-

The High Inquisitor of Hogwarts

All Student Organizations, Societies, Teams, Groups, and Clubs are henceforth disbanded.

An Organization, Society, Team, Group, or Club is hereby defined as a regular meeting of three or more students.

Permission to re-form may be sought from the High Inquisitor (Professor Umbridge).

No Student Organization, Society, Team, Group, or Club may exist without the knowledge and approval of the High Inquisitor.

Group, or Club that has not been approved by the High Inquisitor will be expelled.

The above is in accordance with Educational Decree Number Twenty-four.

Signed:
Dolores Jane Umbridge
HIGH INQUISITOR

"That sure does put a damper on things," Michael tells Bria.

She glares at him. "Yes, I'm aware of that!"

"So what are you going to do Brioche?" Terry asks her.

Bria shakes her head. "I don't know. But she's not going to get away with this. We are going to do this club whether she likes it or not."

"You've been hanging around those Gryffindors too much," Anthony chuckles to her.

Before Bria could get her response in, Ginny appears out of nowhere, grabbing onto Michael's arm. Bria tries not to be too peeved that Ginny had interrupted their conversation.

"Hey, guys, we need to go if we want to get a good spot," Ginny tells the group.

"Good spot for what?" Bria asks, making everyone freeze around her.

Except Ginny. She knew exactly what she was doing saying that in front of Bria.

Michael rubs the back of his neck, a sign that he is clearly uncomfortable picking sides. "Ginny told us that the twins are testing their prototypes on first years and anyone else that wants to. It can get pretty gnarly sometimes."

Terry and Anthony are diverting their attention away from Bria, trying not to seem too guilty that they didn't invite their friend.

Bria smiles uncomfortably. "It's alright. I was planning on going down to the kitchens anyway, I haven't been able to bake in forever."

"Yeah, you've been busy hanging out with other people besides your friends," Ginny says in a light-hearted tone, that would come off as innocent to anyone else besides a girl.

Bria's smile turns into a smirk. "Yes, well, that's what happens when your boyfriend is in a different house. But you get that, right?"

Ginny's eyes flash at her. She and Bria both know that Ginny can't reveal anything about Harry and Bria's fake relationship to anyone except the order. They both know that she's trapped.

Bria looks back at her friends. "I'll see you guys later," she calls out, pushing past Michael and Terry and speed-walking to the kitchens.

Bria wasn't planning on actually baking today, but she is so irritated by Umbridge's decree and Ginny and her friends and the dumb testing that she wasn't invited to even though she designed it that Bria thought maybe making a loaf would be just the perfect thing.